25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

Related

1. Need help with a popup code    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. login popup    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. popup help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Popup window to fit?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Exclamation non popup w/o rebars

I need help with a script that removes the rebars without doing a popup/open but that does not affect browsers that are opened afterwards.

I've looked, but don't see a way to simply show a popup window from an ActiveX Document so that the user doesn't have to see the rebars (toolbars), status bars etc.

I don't want to do a open another browser window to HTML that creates a popup.
    If I do a open another browser window and try to remove the rebars or status bars then the next browser window to open is also msissing them...

So I need to open a popup, but not from another browser window. And I do not see any way to create a browser window - do a popup - then exit once the popup is displayed.

Be Yourself

Status
    hey,

do a search of the forum, I'm pretty sure I already answered this question (or one extremely similar).

hey guys, been gone for a week or so and it fills like I've been gone forever

P.S. Out of all the people kidnapped, why is Elizibeth Smart getting so much attention? I mean it happened in my state and all but now it's gone all over the nation.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    P.S. Out of all the people kidnapped, why is Elizibeth Smart getting so much attention? I mean it happened in my state and all but now it's gone all over the nation.
    If you want to start a new thread in "general discussion" I will be glad to put my 2 cents in.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Exclamation non popup w/o rebars

NOT a POPup question unless you know how to kill the parent after displaying a popup... here is the thread:

I need help with a script that removes the rebars without doing a popup/open but that does not affect browsers that are opened afterwards. If I remove the rebars on a regular IE window, then the next IE opened is missing them too - 'cause it twiddles registry bits.

I've looked, but don't see a way to simply show a popup window from an ActiveX Document so that the user doesn't have to see the rebars (toolbars), status bars etc. I thought about using the IPersistStream on the parent to send java script to open a popup, would that work? Is there an easy way to do the popup code through the ActiveXDoc parent?
    [I don't want to do a open another browser window to HTML that creates a popup. If I do a open another browser window and try to remove the rebars or status bars then the next browser window to open is also missing them...]

So I need to open a popup, but not from another browser window. And I do not see any way to create a browser window - do a popup - then exit once the popup is displayed.

I've search DeJaNews (aka Google-groups) and looked around the web - I think perhaps my search criteria is not so hot... I found nothing except how to open a popup w/o the rebars.

Be Yourself

Status
    [script]
    <html>
    <head>
    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function openwindow() {
    newWindow = window.open("blah.html","def","height=300,width=300")
    }
    function closewindow() {
    window.close()
    }
    -->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onload="closewindow()" onunload="openwindow()">
    </body>
    </html>
    [/script]

like I said I'm pretty sure I've done this somewhere but I haven't bothered to look it up cause all the stuff that I work on for here are on my hd. Anyways, that will automatically close the page and open a new one, and you can add the part to it where it takes out all the bars and stuff in the javascript, I'm too lazy

New User

Status

Thumbs down

That is a clever soln but I get a confirmation dialog box on the window.close that is the core of my problem.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/close_0.asp

"Invoking the window.close method on a window not opened with script will display a confirmation dialog box. Using script to close the last running instance of Microsoft Internet Explorer also opens the confirmation dialog box."

So here in lay me problem.
    I don't want to prompt the user.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    When I said start a new thread in "general discussion" I was referenceing Dereks comments about the kidnapped girl.

I will merge threads.

Dave

edit: and move thread to the scripting forum
    Last edited by HTML; 06-13-2002 at 05:27 PM.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status
    Wartly,

This is a permissions issue. Its not a problem, or bug,as such, it is the way JavaScript works.

You cannot close down someones window without confirmation. Have you ever been spammed by a malicious website? I have. I ended up having to reboot. JavaScript is heavily controlled, it has to be. And it has its limits. You have reached one, I am afraid.

Personal opinion - I hate having my browser controls taken away from me when I visit a website. The first thing I do is leave...
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?