58 users online (1 members and 57 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Displaying long text combo box in IE    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. How long does it take to get listed on Google?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. For how long are you with your present host?    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

How long to get indexed?

Hi everybody.
    How long does it take to get indexed in the major search engines? I opened my webpage http://www.personaldevelopmentbooks.net last week, but it's mot indexed yet. I have submitted the url to Google. Do I have to do that in every search engine?
    I have pretty good traffic from adwords but I would sure like to get some from organic searches to.

New User

Status

Re: How long to get indexed?

Creating links outside your site is the quickest way to get your site indexed. Spiders follow links. Find a site that has been around for a while and create a link there if possilble.

Status

Looks like your home page and one other page have been indexed by Google. That's a good sign. One of the things you should keep in mind is that it can take 2-3 months to get your site fully indexed. Just have patience, and it will happen before you know it.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

That's what I heard, but it's so disheartening.

New User

Status

Exclamation Re: How long to get indexed?

Vinyl is just right. It takes two or three months for your website to be fully listed. By all, if you wanted your domain get a higher page rank or maybe you also wanted your search results listed higher than others, you need seo (search engine optimization) skills. First of all, your website keywords and description in every page is very very important. Only list the keywords that are relevant and bypass non related. For the description, write a short summary about your website general purposes in about 20-30 words is just great. For every sub pages, add something like a title in it. Such as, "About Us - Webmaster's Forum". After all, let the search engine crawl over your website. Make sure all your links are connect and no dead end, what i mean is no bad link or Error 404. And lastly, if you are using any control panels, check it's visitors IP range. Maybe you can see some VIP guest from Yahoo, Google or MSN. This guide is only the basic. Advanced skills required you to have lots of time, or even purchase of AdWords.

New User

Status

you can do some page optimization, and directory submission to strengthen your page rank.

New User

Status

Well, some experts recommend that you should not submit your site directly. Wait for the time being and let the spider crawls your site by its own...

New User

Status

If you are talking about getting indexed faster, there is really only 1 way. Links.
    Links from trusted sources will be even beter.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by solidghost View Post
    If you are talking about getting indexed faster, there is really only 1 way. Links.
    Links from trusted sources will be even beter.
    Just to be clear about this, the link could be something as simple as a signature line with your site's URL, posted in a forum like this one. As long as the search engines can find your site, and you have content they want, you'll most likely be indexed.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

I also noticed that your webpage does not have very much text on it so not very much for the search engines to look at, perhaps you could add some more information and content to help build your position once you get indexed
    Regards,
    Charlotte

New User

Status

My website actually got indexed pretty fast after all. It took under two weeks :-) Thanks for all your answers.

Disabled

Status

search in google for seo tips.
    lots you can learn.
    my website being listed in google less then 1 week because of have link from other website that have PR4

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit123 View Post
    Hi everybody.
    How long does it take to get indexed in the major search engines? I opened my webpage last week, but it's mot indexed yet. I have submitted the url to Google. Do I have to do that in every search engine?
    I have pretty good traffic from adwords but I would sure like to get some from organic searches to.
    Generally, I would recommend, NEVER to submit your url to a search engine for indexing purposes.

Try one or more of these techniques: -

1. Online press release (consider using a place like prweb dot com, but there are many others).

It does cost you money, but the search engines love these types of web sites, and check them often (many, many times per day).

Usually it can be within 24 hours that you get indexed.

2. craigslist.org - Here is another way to get listed quickly, usually free depending the category you post in. Search engines love craigslist.

There are many other ways, but these two are the fastest ways I have found to get a site indexed.

Make sure you have some decent content on there, and keep adding to it over time.

Good luck.

Cheers

Tim

New User

Status

I've submitted some of my sites through Google Sitemaps and got indexed in about a week's time. One site actually got indexed in 48 hours! Now, I just need to drive some traffic to it!

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit123 View Post
    Hi everybody.
    How long does it take to get indexed in the major search engines? I opened my webpage last week, but it's mot indexed yet. I have submitted the url to Google. Do I have to do that in every search engine?
    Getting index is easy especially to Google because as of today Google is the fastest to index a site unlike the two (yahoo and msn)... Forum postings is the fastest way to index a site....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last