38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Setup shipping fees by continent    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. I need help in setup a order form!    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Replies: 5
  4. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

need helpto setup up download page.

Hi,

I am learning to set up a site so that people can download and buy my music. These mp3 music are all my compositions therefore copyright is not an issue. The website is almost done but the stumble block is to make the music downloadable.

What I want to do is people click on a link, they pay for the music, once they play, the music can be automatically download to their computers, from there on they can burn the music to CD or whatever they want to do.

I have no clue how to do this. I don't even know where to start. First I assume I need to setup the FTP on my web host, am I right? And how do I set it up so that only the people that paid can download the music?

Would someone here be so kind to teach me or at least point my to the right direction so that I can do more research. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

MacPC

Status

Re: need helpto setup up download page.

I'd google "shopping cart scripts"
    Bear in mind that as you're selling stuff, and therefore (hopefully) making money, you're less likely to get people to set you up for free.

New User

Status

Cool Re: need helpto setup up download page.

Yes, there are free ones. But keep this in your mind, some of the open source script might be harmful as you were doing sales online. If your customer had the same copy of script, they might found a way or such backdoors to you. What i mean is just put the order in your database and act as they had paid...Only me two sentences...If you willing to spend some time on the internet, there are really freebies one. As I know, when you setup for Paypal merchant, you can set the function after ones paid, you can just redirect them to your download page, and Poof!, maybe this is the simplest way to go.