32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  

Thread: Table expanded

Related

1. Table Help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Javascript menu is expanded by default    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Table help..    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Replies: 5
  5. a table    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 13
    New User

Status

Table expanded

I have a few pages within my domain that no matter how I move things around the table exceeds the width of the monitor and forces a side scroll. I notice this using Netscape and not with Explorer. My index page works fine http://downeaststainedglass.com
    but a second page does the jump to the right http://downeaststainedglass.com/freestainedglasspatterns.html
    At first I thought it may be using oversized images but have reduced them in size and it still happens. When I use the office computer all looks good on a larger monitor but not on my emac.
    Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Status

Re: Table expanded

I don't have Netscape so I can't check those pages from that browser. However, I tried this through IE7 and Firefox, and both browsers render these pages just fine. I do have a couple of suggestions though. First, you need to add a docment type declaration to these pages. Second, you need to run these pages through the W3C markup validator and fix any problems that the validator points out. Just possibly, doing these two things will solve your problem.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Status

Re: Table expanded

If Netscape supports the max-width property, you should be able to do something by styling the page with css.