25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

Related

1. What Is Search Engine Visibility?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 6
  2. Create a Search Engine    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. search engine that pay    Forum: Webmaster Ethics
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

search engine listing

I am running a website for 4 years and have tried various methods to get to the 1st page of google search. During my trails I had heard that one needs to get reciprocal links, the website should be old etc etc to get good ranking.
    Here is a website kolkata .org .uk , this website has got no more than two backlinks and is just 2 months old and has got into the google top ten listing when searched with keyword "Kolkata". By the way Kolkata is a name of the city in India and this website is dedicated to this city. There are almost 20 websites dedicated to the city of Kolkata and this new one has got into the top 10 ranking within 2 months.
    Can anyone explain. My website is on the 13th page of google can anyone tell me how can I improve my ranking.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: search engine listing

Forget about recip links, they are (not quite) close to useless. Is the content good enough to get 1 way links on its own merit? Build up a collection of quality 1 way links and you will be miles ahead. Again though it comes back to is the content good enough.

You are quite correct though that age of website does play a role. Four Years has certainly got you some google brownie points.

For long term success, if you put your efforts in to the content as well as on page SEO, the rest should fall into place. If you want to post the site some of us could give some ideas.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Re: search engine listing

Yes I would like your help so that I can improve my listings.