41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: Critize my site

New User

Status

Critize my site

Please offer tips to bring people to my site:
    www.younginvestor.info
    I have recently started this site and I submitted it to directories and put some adwords out. Do I just sit and wait?
    Last edited by HTML; 03-05-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Status

Re: Critize my site

Quick first impressions:
    I like the layout, simple and straightforward suits the content.

[I]"We are offering a contest for the member who has the most posts excluding the moderator's and the administrator. See the contest board."[/I]
    I read this as "Please spam as much as possible" If you're seriously running this competition you need to qualify the posts as having some relevance.

Looking at the title of this thread - learn to spell, and get everything proofread before you post it. That's not meant to be having a go at you, but you're not going to instiill confidence in your visitors by typing "[B]critize[/B]" when you mean "[B]criticise[/B]"

Change the descriptions on the boards - some say "[B]forum[/B]" while some say "[B]board[/B]" - and they all basically say "This forum is for talking about x" - you need a bit of variety in the descriptions to make it look like you've put some effort into it, rather than just plugging a board into your site.

Hope that's helpful,
    DM

Disabled

Status

Re: Critize my site

Ok what you need to do, with a forum like that is remodel it. You need to remove that typical SMF logo, and put some effort into recreating a original forum that is unique to your site. You have a good idea but you need a template that will keep people and make them want to sign up.