41 users online (1 members and 40 guests)  

Thread: PHP and stuff

Related

1. Web Rank in this stuff    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. So Much Old Stuff....    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 4
  3. css stuff...    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Unhappy PHP and stuff

do you know any programs that allow me to post webpages
    on the net. I have Netscape Navigator I think but it can't open php's in the composer (edit mode) and thats the only way I know how to post them.
    Seph42

Status
    You can open PHP files using NotePad.

New User

Status
    If you use Windows XP, the ability to access and update FTP's is built in. There are other FTP programs (such as CuteFTP) out on the internet (just use Google, but be careful what you download)

PHP's are documents that are like HTML (as you see them they're exactly like it), but have server side programming in them. There's no point for you to use the ".php" extension if you don't know the language (and it can infact "break" the page on your website if the server your site is on cannot read ".php" files). Whenever you see a PHP page in your web browser, the PHP code will have already been removed from your sight, and it will instead be a HTML file.

In other words, just rename the .php files to .htm or .html if you want to use them on your sites (although stealing pages shouldn't be something you want to do). If you still want to see the .php files as .php files, just open them in NotePad or WordPad (as Enigma said).