33 users online (1 members and 32 guests)  

Related

1. music help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Help with music    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. Music Help Please!!!!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Music    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. music...    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 16
    New User

Status

Question I Need Music Help!

Well I have an aol hometown web page and I really want to get music on it... a song... "Aqueious Transmission" by Incubus. I have nooooooo idea what to do to get it on there... i am computer retarded and i need help! if u know pleaseeeeeee tell me b/c it's important~

Administrator

Status
    Hello. Welcome to the forums.

It would be nice to get a whole song on a webpage. However, there are two points to consider.

Firstly, the file size of the song. If its an mp3 then I am guessing its about 5 meg large? That means it would take the normal 56k user about half an hour to hear the song, presuming they have an mp3 player. No-one will hang around for that.

Secondly, its illegal to distribute copyrighted material from a webpage. Sorry, thats just the way it is.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Super Newbie

Status

RE

its ok if u own the CD, and ripped the song from it. its called the "Fair Use" clause, and i think it's legal to put it up as background music for a site, as long as its not offered for download. (just my 2 cents)

Super Newbie

Status

RE

to add music to a site, use <embed src="url_of_file_here" height="x" width="x">

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Actually what it is called is copyright infringement. The Fair Use clause allows you to make a single copy for PERSONAL use, not to put it on a website for others to use.

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 07-01-2002 at 04:22 PM.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Question url???

what the heck is a url of an file? i told u, i am computer retarded.

Administrator

Status
    an url is the address or location of something on the web.

For instance, I have a website called quietdean.com.

The url of my website is http://www.quietdean.com . http:// means I find it using Hypertext Transfer Protocol, the language used to surf the web. The www means look in my public, or world wide web folder, on the computer space at quietdean.com.

I have a file on there called dean.jpg. Its a picture of me (aww!). its in my www folder, so the url of this file is http://www.quietdean.com/dean.jpg . This is the address that anyone can type in a browser to find my file.

In the example above, you would put in th address of the music file you wished to play on your website.

hope that helps.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Question ugh....

okay.... i get the url thing kinda..... but puting a music file... what? i mean like i have the song on cd and mp3.... so tell me exactly how to put it on then.... i think i would have 2 put it on an "advanced html" i think.... but u dunno. is there like any web sites out there that like let u take popular songs and get the code.... that would be perfect it there was... if there is let me know. but if not please tell me how to do this step by step (in english please, hehe) if you know how and if posible. thanks.

Super Newbie

Status

RE

thanks for clarifying that for me, dave.

surf, u want to put that song on a website or a message board? u have to be specific when asking for help.

New User

Status

Arrow

i want to put it on the web site

Status
    Like Dave said earlier, that's copyright infringement and could (and probably will) get your site deleted if it's reported to your provider.