Hi ! I am trying to make a web interface (in Perl forms CGI) that allows the user to send input to a calculus software (matlab,octave) and then retrieve the results, graphically. I have some of the steps figured out. I now need to display the resulting graphics dinamically, that is, changing with time, each x seconds. I believe I have two possible solutions: - to do a nph perl script that refreshes an image, containing the graphics, which the calculus program will be producing. Considering this hipotesis, what would be the perl modules necessary ? Can you give me a simple perl script as an example ? -the calculus program writes the results to a text file which will be read each x seconds by the perl script (nph ?) and then it will be the script producing the graphics. I believe this possibility would be more efective, as it wouldn't require the writing of the images (.jpeg .gif),only of the values and, thus it would fasten the process. Regarding this possibility, how can I read a specific value from a text file in a Perl script ? How can I make a Perl graphic that is a function of the read value ? What would be the Perl modules necessary ? Can you give me a simple perl script as an example ? Thank you so much !