32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  

Related

1. Random Images    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Random Images using CSS files    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. multiple random images    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 21
  4. Advanced Browser ~ Do you know of it.    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 4
  5. random images php script    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Random Images Advanced

Greetings to you all!

I, having as good as no experience with HTML but having browsed and read about some earlier tries with multiple images random generators (e. g. how ALL helped pegboy), hope that some of you can help me:

The site I want to build has the following requirements (by the way, it is only for myself, this is no try to get free info for a business project):

1. Multiple random images (At least 100) are displayed.
    2. No image must appear twice.

3. Under each image appears a randomly selected piece of text (a single word).
    4. No word must repeat it self.

5. Further down exactly the previously selected images (let us 100) are displayed again, but this time in a different order. No text is below those images.

6. The upper random images with the text below them should be printable (e. g. in a 5x5-format). The same applies to the lower 100 images.

(If it helps you to get the structure:
    The purpose I want this for is training for a memory competition (to be exact: The world championhip). A discipline there is memorizing randomly given names and faces.
    On the memorizing papers there are faces with first and last names below them (None of those repeat themselves, of course). On the recall papers there are just the faces and you get a certain amount of time to write the names below them. 110 faces are given at the competition.)

Thank you for every advice!

Simon
    Last edited by Piumb; 03-20-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Status

Re: Random Images Advanced

Did you search Google? There are a lot of scripts to choose from, including ones that display random text.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Yes, I searched Google, but did only find scripts for one image and not with the additional text.

The best would be a script for some images with text that I could modify for my needs.

By the way, I do neither have SP 2 nor a HTML-Tool. Are there free tools I could modify with or is this not necessary?

Concerning Google: I will look around, should I not find what I am looking for (I mostly do), I might ask you again whcih page you were relating to.

Thank you for the exact search words,

Simon

Status

This page is one of those search results that has code which you could easily modify to meet your needs. Make one array with your images, another array with your random quotes. Call your randomizer function in both cases to write your random images and random quotes to your web page.

As for editing these scripts, just use Notepad. You don't need anything fancy.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Thank you very much,
    I will try it.

Bye,
    Simon