36 users online (2 members and 34 guests)  

Related

1. Default focus on submit button    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Lost IE    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Focus is not remaining in the Elements    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Replies: 0
  5. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Exclamation Please help!! Cursor focus getting lost in IE

Hi Everyone,

I have a form designed with a table and the table is inside a <div> (Required. Can’t get rid of it). The div has style “height: 100% and scrollable: auto”.

The issue: In IE, let say, the form is bit longer and overflowed the page so the div has got vertical scroll bar. Now I am inserting data in the form.

Inserted the 1st data and press tab to next input and insert the 2nd data.
    Now my cursor is in 2nd input type.
    Now I would like to see how many data I have to insert and I have drag the scroll bar with mouse and went down and dragged up again to the top to continue inserting data.

Expectation: The cursor should be there where I kept it (i.e. 2nd input type!!)! I can insert/modify the data in 2nd input type or I will press tab to go to the next input and insert the 3rd data in it!! Right!!

But Strange!! The cursor has been lost from that place. By pressing tab I moved to the top of the page or to the 1st input type.

It’s working as par the expectation in Firefox (for a change ).

Observation: while inserting datain any input type, at the time I click on the scroll bar to drag it, the curser getting lost from the input type in IE. But it remains with the input type in Firefox (As expected).
    I have noticed 1 thing. It behaves like that way in IE (All versions) if I play with the height any way of the above mentioned “div”. But I have to mention the div height to get auto scroll.

Friends!! It will become a huge accessibility issue for me . Pleeeeeeease help.

New User

Status

Re: Please help!! Cursor focus getting lost in IE

Here is the test code.... please have a look. Hope it will give you the proper picture... Please help.

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div style="height:100%; width:100%; overflow:auto;">
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <input type="text" name="textfield" /> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>1. Click and place the cursor in the above text input. Drag the page down and come back. Now see, cursor is not there.<br><strong>OR</strong><br>2. Click and place the cursor in the above text input. Just click on the scroll bar and see the cursor will disappear from the input type.<br><br>Workimg fine in Firefox.
    <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by vinyl-junkie; 04-10-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Added code tags