59 users online (1 members and 58 guests)  

Related

1. Script Returns HTTP Error 405    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Wondering why this script gets a 500 error    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 5
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Perl script error..    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. PHP Upload script error    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 14
    New User

Status

Web-edit Script Error

My wesite: has an error:
    Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/vhosts/cdnhostingservices.com/httpdocs/webedit/webedit.php on line 3716

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/vhosts/cdnhostingservices.com/httpdocs/webedit/webedit.php:3716) in /var/www/vhosts/cdnhostingservices.com/httpdocs/webedit/webedit.php on line 72
    function showHelp() { var leftPos = (screen.availWidth-500) / 2 var topPos = (screen.availHeight-400) / 2 showHelpWin = window.open('http://?ToDo=ShowHelp','','width=500,height=400,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,titlebar=0,top=' + topPos + ',left=' + leftPos);}
    Is there anyone who could help me out and fix this.

Thanks a lot

Status

Re: Web-edit Script Error

That sounds like an issue for the host's tech support, and having checked out their site I'm certain the problem lies at their end, so you'll need to email them.

New User

Status

i'm not sure what you should do about the first error but the second error has an easy solution.
    The problem is here: "headers already sent" -> you need to make sure the output from this php code goes into generated html before you close the head tag (between "<head>" and "</head>").

Status

Quote Originally Posted by c010depunkk View Post
    i'm not sure what you should do about the first error but the second error has an easy solution.
    The problem is here: "headers already sent" -> you need to make sure the output from this php code goes into generated html before you close the head tag (between "<head>" and "</head>").
    Unfortunately he's talking about an error returned by the cpanel-type page, so it's unlikely to be a page he can edit.

Status

Cool Re: Web-edit Script Error

Presuming that you have no errors in your code!!

For the first error you're probably using code that was written for an older version of PHP, and your using a newer version. Passing variables by reference means that you have '&$somevariable' in your code rather than '$somevariable'.
    Try deleting the '&'s from variable names.
    As a last resort you can do exactly what the error message says:
    allow_call_time_pass_reference = true
    Put that in your php.ini file see if it fixes it.
    And if this doesn't work you'll have to rewrite script using the proper functions.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by c010depunkk View Post
    my guess is that the first error is causing the second because the site threw the first error before it tried setting the cookie. If that error wouldn't have been thrown, the second won't occur.

my point, only worry about the first error for now, once fixed if the second still shows up, than fix it.