41 users online (1 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. Problem with image rollover and text change    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Click- and rollover example    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. Table Menu Rollover problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. rollover and the like    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Rollover problem

I wanted to change the buttons on my webcomic's site into rollover images. I made my changes to the originals in Photoshop, uploaded the images, and made my script in Dreamweaver.

For some reason my "Archive" page worked, but the images on the main site remained plain image links. The images on any comic's individual page didn't load at all, they were just text. That's when I went in and changed the code so it had the whole url for the image location instead of having it start from the image folder.

That made the images appear where they wouldn't before, but I still don't know why they won't work on the other pages. Could someone look at my code and see if there's anything wrong in there? I've done absolutely nothing with Javascript, I've just had Dreamweaver do it and, until now, have encountered no problems.

My site's url is www.ninjasdontknit.com
    Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to give me a hand.

-Chris.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Rollover problem

I am in no way a JS expert, but if you have it working on 1 page why not just C&P the working code to the other pages?

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

It's possible that you've not told Dreamweaver to update the references to the buttons globally, so it's only done it on one page - but I don't use it so I'm only guessing.

New User

Status

I am in no way a JS expert, but if you have it working on 1 page why not just C&P the working code to the other pages?
    Actually, the code from the working page is the code that's on the pages that don't work. I copied and pasted it thinking it would work. When it didn't work, that's when I changed the image location to include the domain name.

It's possible that you've not told Dreamweaver to update the references to the buttons globally, so it's only done it on one page - but I don't use it so I'm only guessing.
    I have no idea what that means. I've only done a rollover once before this on a website I no longer use.

I'll try copying and pasting the code again, maybe I messed something up before I hit save. Thanks for taking a shot at it. I'll let you guys know what works in case someone else down the line has a similar problem.

New User

Status

I copied the code from the file on my hard drive that I uploaded to the server and the code that's already on the server and is working. Neither worked.