48 users online (0 members and 48 guests)  

Thread: Traffic Rank

Related

New User

Status

Traffic Rank

I need some traffic advice. I dont know where else to turn to find answers to my questions. You see, my site is over 6 months old now. On its first couple of months it was still in the top 600,000 rank in Alexa traffic ranking. However as time goes by traffic rank keeps on decreasing. I dont know why this is happening considering that month after month the hits on my website keeps on INCREASING. My site is receiving around 400% more hits/visitors now than it was before in its first 3 months. So why was my rank still high in its first months (top 600,000) with only low traffic and the rank have decreased now (my site is in top 1,400,000 sites) even with higher traffic? I would like to get that spot again and be at least in the top 1,000,000 site again. My site recieves around 10,000 unique visitors each month and with aprox 100,000 hits for the last 6 months. It plays in the rank of Top 1,300,00, - top 1,700,000 also in the last 6 months. First two months was lower but the rank was way much higher (top 500,000). What do I do to be in that rank again (without increasing site's hits/visits)? You see Im planning to take off my site and just bring it back again after a month, maybe if I will do this my site will be good as new and it will be in top 500,000 again when I will bring it back. Will this actually work? If not what advice could you give me? Im not sure if this will really work thats why I havent done it yet as Im afraid that the site's traffic will even more decrease and eventually its rank will sink and sink. And with my other off topic question. -- How do we remove sites from the "sites linking in" (in alexa.com traffic ranking) if we dont want that link/site to be displayed in that section? Is this possible in the soonest manner (give timeframe please)? Theres this one site in my "sites linking in" that I dont want to be there. If anyone knows a trick or two please let me know. These may seem silly questions to most but you must understand that this is very important to me and I would really really appreciate it if you could provide me answers. Thank you very much.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Traffic Rank

This is a real easy fix,

Step 1: Locate your alexa ranking
    Step 2: Now you know where it is...never look at it again.

Fix complete.

Why are you worried about Alexa? Can you name 1 positive it brings other than a short boost of ego?

It is meaningless, forget about it.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Well alright.. thanks for the advice.. I think.. I knew this was meaningless to most but you have no idea how important this is to me. Nonetheless if anyone could give me some advice I would really love to hear it. Have a great day! (or night!)

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TrafficRider View Post
    I need some traffic advice. I dont know where else to turn to find answers to my questions. You see, my site is over 6 months old now. On its first couple of months it was still in the top 600,000 rank in Alexa traffic ranking. However as time goes by traffic rank keeps on decreasing. I dont know why this is happening considering that month after month the hits on my website keeps on INCREASING. My site is receiving around 400% more hits/visitors now than it was before in its first 3 months. So why was my rank still high in its first months (top 600,000) with only low traffic and the rank have decreased now (my site is in top 1,400,000 sites) even with higher traffic? I would like to get that spot again and be at least in the top 1,000,000 site again. My site recieves around 10,000 unique visitors each month and with aprox 100,000 hits for the last 6 months. It plays in the rank of Top 1,300,00, - top 1,700,000 also in the last 6 months. First two months was lower but the rank was way much higher (top 500,000). What do I do to be in that rank again (without increasing site's hits/visits)? You see Im planning to take off my site and just bring it back again after a month, maybe if I will do this my site will be good as new and it will be in top 500,000 again when I will bring it back. Will this actually work? If not what advice could you give me? Im not sure if this will really work thats why I havent done it yet as Im afraid that the site's traffic will even more decrease and eventually its rank will sink and sink. And with my other off topic question. -- How do we remove sites from the "sites linking in" (in alexa.com traffic ranking) if we dont want that link/site to be displayed in that section? Is this possible in the soonest manner (give timeframe please)? Theres this one site in my "sites linking in" that I dont want to be there. If anyone knows a trick or two please let me know. These may seem silly questions to most but you must understand that this is very important to me and I would really really appreciate it if you could provide me answers. Thank you very much.
    I would have to agree and say, why bother with Alexa.

By their definition, the results are only from searchers who have the Alexa toolbar installed on their computers!

Check this out for yourself: -

http://www.alexa.com/site/help/?index=12

So anyone who does not have the toolbar installed does not get included in the count, and lets face it, the vast majority of people on the internet would not have it installed.

Personally, I would concentrating on one thing only, and that's the conversion rate against the number of visitors (assuming your promoting a particular product or service). In other words, for the percentage of visitors coming to your website, what percentage are buying your product, opting in to your mailing list, etc.

Nothing else really matters (unless your an information type site, but that's another story).

Cheers

Tim

New User

Status

By means of Alexa it is possible to learn Rank, but to observe daily rise of your site it is possible and on other links, I mean web traffic.
    If we can observe every day as my site moves ahead and how many visitors there happen that it on mine will be remarkable.

New User

Status

With StatsWebTown, you can even go one step further. Using systems tracking, you can discover the operating system of your users and even which internet browser they use to access your site. Or, you can analyze the source of your traffic through referrer tracking. This allows you to view which users use which methods to access your site: other websites, search engines, emails, and more. You also even view the total numbers of users visit your site through each source, the most popular search engines, and common key words visitors use to access your site.

New User

Status

Alexa is a very important benchmark to determine the rankings and traffic of sites. Google is placed at the 2nd position as per Alexa rankings and traffic rankings and is facing tough competition from Live.com and of course Yahoo.
    Last edited by HTML; 12-29-2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: to confirm it

New User

Status

dont worry about alexa, there are other huge search engines like google and yahoo. focus on them.

New User

Status

There are many strategies today which you can use. Search something more on Internet marketing or SEO ebooks.

New User

Status

From what I understand, using the Alexa toolbar yourself may impact your Alexa pagerank. The theory on that is this: Alexa's rankings are based upon statistics gained from using the toolbar. When you are using this toolbar yourself, Alexa recieves more accurate information about your site stats, which can cause your pagerank with them to change. If I could find the article I read recently discussing this I would have posted the link, but I am sorry to say I cannot seem to quickly locate it again. The overall consensus of the people commenting on that article was that using the toolbar did have an impact. For some, it cause the numbers to go up, and for some to go down. May be worth a try to see if using it affects your rankings.

I do think that Alexa ranking is somewhat important, because some advertisers give it a lot of weight. That being said; it isn't Google, and it will not make or break you. I would just do your best to increase your traffic and have a great site; and not lose too much sleep over your ranking on Alexa.

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by imcool2121 View Post
    dont worry about alexa, there are other huge search engines like google and yahoo. focus on them.
    Agree but don't forget the local search engines, the ones related to your products and the small ones you can easily rank high on

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    This is a real easy fix,

Step 1: Locate your alexa ranking
    Step 2: Now you know where it is...never look at it again.

Fix complete.

Why are you worried about Alexa? Can you name 1 positive it brings other than a short boost of ego?

It is meaningless, forget about it.

Dave
    HEHEH I love it... you're harsh but so correct