39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Google Seems to Have Dropped Me    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. help please - why did my site disappear from google    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. domain name dropped from search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Dropped by Google    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 15
    New User

Status

Dropped from Google, after submitting Site-map! Need Help!

Hi.

My site is over a year old, and I got on 1st and 2nd page results on Google for all of my keywords (even without many back links).
    Then I have created and submitted Google site-map, with top priority for main page (it vent like that 1, 0.9, 0.8, 0.7, 0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 0.5,) And then I was drooped to about 10th page results for 90% of my keywords.
    Thinking that something is wrong with the site-map I have submitted another one, that vent like that (0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, for all pages) that didnít help either.
    So I deleted entirely site-map from my server, hoping that I can at least get back on 2nd page results, as I was before without sitemaps, especially now when I have about 50 good back links and PR-2, and that also didnít help.
    Iím really confused right now, please help me! Thank you.

PS. I also found out, that on one of my keywords, the same page is on 13th and 14th page results!?
    www.AMRestorationDOTcom

Texan at Heart

Status

Re: Dropped from Google, after submitting Site-map! Need Help!

Just give it time - it might take awhile for your results to come back. plus others might be getting a different result depending on the DC they hit with Google.

I would keep the sitemap since Yahoo, Ask, and MSN are now supporting them

New User

Status

it is better to add more links and wait change with google can take time.
    Using sitemap is just to get all your web pages are indexed and it will work if you will have a good internal linkage.

New User

Status

I had a similar problem with surfinglifestore.com. Within a few weeks of submitting a sitemap, my positions in google dropped.

The whole issue of a google sitemap confuses me. I was under the impression that you should not do anything that is blatantly for the search engines. Therefore from now on, I'm creating a sitemap for my visitors linked from the front page, then google will read the sitemap and have the same effect. And as all pages on your site should be reached from withing two clicks from your front page, this ensures they are.

New User

Status

I am working on a site map for my site now. After reading this I am unsure if I want to put it up. I can't afford for my ranking to drop any.
    Last edited by HTML; 04-17-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Rule 4.1 Signatures, once enabled must be setup in your profile, and not manually added to your messages.

New User

Status

Sitemap are only submitted to SEs for letting them know about your site Depth and pages, it directly does not affect any of the SERPS...i would suggest to wait and see results flowing down on your way...

Regards,
    Sandeep Singh Chouhan
    Last edited by HTML; 08-02-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: manual signature removed

New User

Status

Wish you luck

New User

Status

I also had a problem like you...It`s so difficulte with SEO... I think I want to find a e-book about this problem

New User

Status

I would quite like to know if the situation has changed - from your last post. Any news? Btw: Google says the standard priority should be 0.5 - so we are trying to make 0.5 the average priority of our pages on one website. It seems to work OK, but we will see in the future...

Disabled

Status

most of the websites also experienced this, and it only means that your website is not yet stable when it comes to backlinks. So you need to gather more quality and high pr backlinks and try to use different techniques.

Disabled

Status

I was planing on submitting a Site-map for my site but after reading this post I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Anyway my site should be good because I have all the links to all the pages of my site on the first and 2nd page of my site.

New User

Status

Submitting Sitemap is not a reason behind this.... may be google found some UN-official material on your website and dropped your website down...

Status

Sometimes its just Google bouncing and you should wait for the ranking to be in its original position within few weeks.