46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

View Poll Results: I have unknowingly been hijacked by Gator...

Voters
1114. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have run Spybot search and destroy or Adaware and did not find Gator on my system at all

248 22.26%
  • I have run Spybot search and destroy or Adaware 1 time and did find Gator

146 13.11%
  • I run Spybot search and destroy or Adaware frequently and rarely find Gator on my computer

84 7.54%
  • I run Spybot search and destroy or Adaware frequently and find Gator almost everytime has infected my computer

636 57.09%

Thread: Delete Gator

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Related

1. how to delete duplicate row fom table    Forum: Databases
    Replies: 0
  2. cant delete/add my schools    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Confirmation box before delete    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4

Status
    We should probably start another thread about Active-X. I had accidently left it enabled last month some time - then, a couple weeks ago my ZoneAlarm log file began filling up hourly. I had pings from all over the world coming in and didn't get rid of them until I remembered about Active-X and went back in to disable each of the 5 or so options. Now, the log file is back to normal.

New User

Status
    Hey Dave, I have a gator I got from another forum. What exactly do I need to delete? I searched for "Gator" and I came up with several things. Do I need to delete anything that says gator on it? Some other things like "DataNavigator.class" and IOMNavigator.class" have shown up. Need I delete these too?
    Ryan

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You should download Spybot search and destroy as I mentioned earlier in the thread, let it find the bad files.

Dave

New User

Status

Talking

Thanks Dave

New User

Status
    Hey Dave, I downloaded Spy Hunter from spybot and it will find the bad files, but I cannot remove them unless I buy something. Is there another way to delete these without buying anything?
    Ryan

p.s. please e-mail me a solution, i check my mail more often than i check this forum, but if it is too out of the way just don't worry about it I will check the forum at school.
    Last edited by racefan74403; 12-03-2003 at 05:48 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Try Spybot Search and Destroy

Dave

New User

Status
    I have to run spybot almost every week because my computer is so jacked up with spyware! I just read the download popups and decide if it's part of the site or adware. Whenever I see "Adware" or "Gator" I just press no.

And Bonzi Buddy is almost as annoying! I hate it because I went to my friend's house and he had Bonzi Buddy.
    "Why do you have Bonzi Buddy?"
    "Dude, Bonzi Buddy's awesome!"
    "Um...no."

It's even worse than Gator, I'm not sure what kind of data it takes, though.

New User

Status

Question Removing Gator

I apologize if this has already been written but I did get the ad-aware 6 and it did find the gator program, however it wont let me delete it because it says that they are running. How do I get that fixed?

Administrator

Status

You should be able to open the systray (ctrl-alt-del) and end task on anything you think may be Gator related. You should then be able to delete.

Dave

New User

Status

? Re: Ad-aware

Hi I am new so forgive me if I'm in the wrong area.
    I was wondering why Ad-aware doesn't catch all of the tracking files that are in Temporary/Content IE.5 files?
    I use norton frequently to clean out Temporary files to free up disc space but the sub folder, Content IE.5 is filled with dos files that have logged all of the internet sites we've been on since 2000. Can you erase these?
    One of our computers doesn't have as much memory as the other and the more we surf the more space is used and the system is getting slower. I would appreciate any help I could get in this area.

Thank you in advance,
    Lani

Administrator

Status

The folders and contents of in content IE5 may be deleted. The index which you see in the folder cannot be removed.

Dave

New User

Status

Question Lavasoft's Ad-Aware

Ad-Aware can be very annoying sometimes as I searched it and found 0 files. Then this internet explorer windows opened because it was to do with ZoneAlarm and at the side of the page was an advertisment about searching for ad-aware and spy-ware files online. So i clicked it and it started up and it found around 15 files so then i downloaded a new program cllaed 'SpyKiller 2004' and it found 631 files! AND 27 LIVE PROCESSES! AND AGAIN 17 INFECTED REGISTY KEYS!!!!!!! AND 10 INFECTED FOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! But what I want to know is why didnt 'Ad-Aware' find it?

-----------------------------
    Simon Fletcher (mini-man)[/IMG] - not actually born in 1972 in 1992 But needed to post on the forum!

To personaly talk about this subject please email me at:

admin@simonfletcher.co.uk
    Best Things Come In Small Packages
    Last edited by mini-man; 05-03-2004 at 01:42 PM. Reason: MISTAKES

Administrator

Status

You should always have atleast 2 programs to keep yourself clean. New BHO's are being developed daily and it is impossible for any spyware remover to be totally up to date.

You should also be certain to check the website of those whose spyware removers you use often. Just like an anti-virus software new updates are having to be constantly released.

Dave

New User

Status

Cool Problem

Yo dave m8 I have restored my PC and I have loadz of Pop-Ups and other stuff And when I try To Run Ad-Aware it comes up with an error box and says it cant open. I have installed File Sharing Programs like iMesh and WinMX and they might of installed Gator and I think my bro installed Kazaa but still im not sure that could be my answer but still i dont know so plz tell me wat I should do

From
    --------------------
    Mini-Man
    Best Things Come In Small Packages
    Last edited by mini-man; 07-08-2004 at 07:07 AM. Reason: MISTAKES

Administrator

Status

Have you tried spybot search and destroy?

Dave

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last