40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 15
  2. input help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Cool Need some input, ladies and gents.

[B][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=deeppink]I have a site, that I would like for you to view. I am wondering what would make it better. BE NICE![/COLOR][/FONT][/B] http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/amandasdolls/index.html

Edit:fixed link
    Last edited by HTML; 07-19-2002 at 08:08 PM.

Status
    Welcome to the forum.

It looks okay to me - it has some unique aspects that other sites don't have (forms within forms) and has a couple images at the bottom that are not CENTER'd, but, hey, if every web site looked alike, our internet adventures would be pretty dull.

Keep on codin' on. (I'd forget about frames - most of us have learned they are more problematic than helpful.)

Super Newbie

Status

RE

never had problems with frames

New User

Status
    Frames give a very unprofessional look. The only time you would use frames if you needed to do some realtime processing, that you dont want your visitors seeing.

For your site, its very hard to navigate. try removing the iframe, and placing all you information on the one page. Also, is there any content on your site? i had a look to see if their was any pictures or content, but i couldnt find any.

apart from that, good work, the more you program, the better you will get

Regards
    Ben Rowe

Administrator

Status
    Hello there. Welcome to the forums, btw.

I use a browser called [b]Mozilla[/b]. I use it because it adheres the web standards almost perfectly (IE6 conforms about 80%, Mozilla manages 98%).

Problem is, I cannot see your site in my browser! In all fairness, I think it is the angelfire ad insertion code that messes it up, not your site. But, of course, I cannot be sure.

I cranked up Internet Explorer (had to change the oil and get rid of the dust) and found I could see your site now.

I agree with Ben (welcome to the forum, Ben!) with the Iframe. Its a shame to have all that space free, then be forced to read through a small window.

Content-wise, your site cheered me up! lol. Its nice to see such a chirpy sitew on the net.

One objection - 'Boys Lie'. Hey! not all of us...

BTW - If anyone is interested in webstandards, try this link -

http://webstandards.org/act/campaign/buc/

Since I started using them, my sites are now readable in pretty much anything. Even pointed a palm-pilot at it the other day and it works a treat, lol.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Status
    Guys only lie when they know there women is going to go insane on them.....

One reason I lock my offices door.. Gotta stay away from the women.. must hide...

Great site!

It's nice to see females building web sites. I don't know that many gurls with web pages, or that program or anything else..

I'll never find that perfect someone

Status
    PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

lol

Well the site is okay, yes iframe doesn't look good in the place, but agree Frames are a powerfull tool if you really need them, but since most people use 800X600 resolution it is not really good to use too many frames because the page migth get screwd up and stuff

Status
    I like the concept of the site, but I found it did not make good use of the space.

I almost left before I found the menu bar, and then the menu bar was dynamic, meaning it would scroll to other pages when my intention was scroll on your page. I really dislike those scroll menus. They constantly pull me away from the page I intented to view when I scroll.

Most of your web page that is always there should be an introduction page, and should have a menu item to take you there. Only the Amanda's Dolls at the top should be present on every page.

You have great stuff on your site, but you are probably losing visitors because of the navigation and overall placement of the various features.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Weird, I did not ever get the dynamic menu. You are correct about losing visitors, but even worse is not getting them in the first place. I doubt an angelfire page is going to get much in rankings from Google, a domain would help a lot. Another factor limiting the number of visitors is the dynamic menu mentioned by deborah. Placing links in any kind of JS or DHTML is shutting the door on the spiders, they cannot at this time spider these links.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting