25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

Related

1. Google Update?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Help with google    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. What's new at Google.    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Google - The TOUGH Nut to crack!

Hi,
    I have a number of websites and have been working on getting other sites up in the search engine rankings. I have had no problems getting the#1, #2, #3 etc spots for yahoo, msn for the specified keywords, but google I cant even get close......
    I guess it has a bit to do with the backlink part of their ranking and also website age too. I dont go for all that "link exchange" clubs you can join - as they are usually not great quality links on offer - I have learnt the hard way there - In the past I have spent ages updating my links page with all number of links and checking to see if these sites were linking back.... I think you're better off doing a bit of legwork yourself and getting good quality links if you can... easier said than done I hear you say - It takes many emails, telephone conversations - AND you need a good quality site... I think I have gone off on a tangent here - so in a nutshell - anyone got any ideas on how to crack google?? It's driving me nuts!!

Cheers

Chris Davis
    Last edited by HTML; 04-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.

New User

Status

Re: Google - The TOUGH Nut to crack!

I tell you what - a little bit of patience goes a long long way regarding search engine inclusion, especially google - they did their pageranking etc yesterday and now my site is pageranked AND is included in the top 50 results in google for my keywords - doesnt souind much I know - but just goes to show that google takes a little longer to climb the rankings in....
    Be patient out there....!

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by k2dynamics View Post
    I tell you what - a little bit of patience goes a long long way regarding search engine inclusion, especially google - they did their pageranking etc yesterday and now my site is pageranked AND is included in the top 50 results in google for my keywords - doesnt souind much I know - but just goes to show that google takes a little longer to climb the rankings in....
    Be patient out there....!
    Glad to hear you managed to crack Google and get into the top 50 results, excellent effort.

In my experience, nothing beats having a site with great content, that is updated often. You will find the more you update and add articles, the more often your site will get indexed by Google. Initially, though it can take months to get some form of pagerank and to start seeing real results.

Promotion is definitely the way to go, get some links yourself from other sites (make sure the theme is similar to yours), write up some articles and submit to article directories, post on forums, sign up to mailing lists (they get indexed eventually). There is a heap of other methods you can use as well, and they all do their "little bit" to collectively increase the exposure your site gets.

It's very important to design your site with human readers in mind first, because after all that's who you ultimately want to read your site, isn't it? There is no point having a top 50 listing in Google, if visitors arriving at your web site find nothing of interest and leave.

I've seen so many websites that appear to have fantastic SEO optimizations, and clearly seem to have lot's of traffic, fail the "human readability" test because the focus of the website has been on getting ranked in the search engines, rather than the quality of the content. Ultimately these type of sites are doomed to failure and will be tossed out of the search engine rankings eventually. Google already has a supplementary index where it puts websites that it believes are not "as important" as other sites into.

Having great, relevant content on your web site for your target market will go a long way towards ensuring this doesn't happen to you.

Cheers

Tim Buchalka

New User

Status

hmm i don't know i need someone that is good to help me make a website like quick... to help me get traffic for my job i am doing with something else. =(((((((((((((((((

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by k2dynamics View Post
    Hi,
    I have a number of websites and have been working on getting other sites up in the search engine rankings. I have had no problems getting the#1, #2, #3 etc spots for yahoo, msn for the specified keywords, but google I cant even get close......
    I guess it has a bit to do with the backlink part of their ranking and also website age too. I dont go for all that "link exchange" clubs you can join - as they are usually not great quality links on offer - I have learnt the hard way there - In the past I have spent ages updating my links page with all number of links and checking to see if these sites were linking back.... I think you're better off doing a bit of legwork yourself and getting good quality links if you can... easier said than done I hear you say - It takes many emails, telephone conversations - AND you need a good quality site... I think I have gone off on a tangent here - so in a nutshell - anyone got any ideas on how to crack google?? It's driving me nuts!!

Cheers

Chris Davis
    dont give up on it...took me 2 years to finally get the number 1 spot i was after

New User

Status
    3 Locust Street, Suite A Assonet, MA 02702

Ya its true that google is a bit tough to crack but I dont think that it is that tough which you have mentioned in the thread. I work for my own sites & I am quiet successful in this.