55 users online (1 members and 54 guests)  

Related

1. Need Free Website Templates    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Free Web Templates    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Free CSS templates

I dont know if you like me - I'm a little lazy when it comes to doing all the hard work - there are loads of css templates you can download for nothing - there are onviously some that you can pay for - to be honest you can't beat free in my book - but then again I aint a web developer...
    What do you think?

Status

Re: Free CSS templates

I suppose the nicest thing you could say about free CSS templates is that they seem to be a bit cleaner code than the average free template. If your budget is limited and the site you're using the template on is a personal site, that's ok. On the other hand, if you have a commercial site, you really should spend the bucks to have a designer do a professional template for you if you're unable to do it yourself. Businesses need to project an air of success, and that sometimes requires you to spend some money on your web presence to achieve that. Think of it as seed money for your business.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Isn't there any free application that will create CSS template on the fly just like we drag and drop text box in word application and just stays there. So in CSS application a CSS will get written for that automatically.

With regards,
    Mandar Thosar

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mandar-seo View Post
    Isn't there any free application that will create CSS template on the fly just like we drag and drop text box in word application and just stays there. So in CSS application a CSS will get written for that automatically.

With regards,
    Mandar Thosar
    Quite possibly, but there's no substitute for actually getting up and doing something for yourself.
    I know the current trend is to get as much as you can for nothing, but that simpy doesn't work.
    If you want quality wysiwyg css-creating software, get your wallet out and buy it.
    If you want a quality css layout designed for you, ditto.
    If you're not prepared to pay for it, at least have the decency to put the effort in and learn it yourself.

[rant over - sorry]

New User

Status

Not only is the forementioned true many of the free css templates come with some sort of harmful coding CSS by no means is harmless and some people use that to their advantage especially to people that cant look over the code and fix the malicious code

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jag0613 View Post
    Not only is the forementioned true many of the free css templates come with some sort of harmful coding CSS by no means is harmless and some people use that to their advantage especially to people that cant look over the code and fix the malicious code
    Malicious code? Sorry, but I think in this case it's a bit of a stretch to say that. We're talking about HTML & CSS code in these templates. What malicious code is there in those two things? Now, if you were talking about a template with some sort of scripting in it, you'd have something to potentially be wary of. That said, it's always a good idea to be aware of what is contained within any code you acquire from someone else.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Thanks a lot for all responses to my query
    Regards,
    Mandar

Disabled

Status

Can we control div sites with CSS?