22 users online (0 members and 22 guests)  

Thread: mouseover

Related

1. Help with mouseover    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Mouseover help please    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Mouseover pics    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Mouseover Pop up does not pop    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. Mouseover Message?    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
    allstarr

Post mouseover...

How do you do this kinda thing?:

<a href="blah.com" mouseover="blah" mousesomething="blah">

To make it so when you move the mouse over it, it can show a picture, different text or something? Please, if there's something I have to write in, and it's not part of the normal thing, put it in quotes, so I know I have to change it.

Administrator

Status

The problem here is that you have looked at the link, and not seen the complications behind it.

To change an image on MouseOver, you have to preload the image(s).Thats up in the head.Java.

You have to define which image is which and when they are to be showed.More Java.

Its really worth looking at a tutorial on mouseover images, as there is more to it than meets the eye.

The cheapest mouseover event is a status bar message.Works like this:

<a href="blah.html" onMouseOver="window.status='This blah page is very boring'; return true;">Blah</a>

This will just show your message in the status bar on MouseOver.

------------------
    QuietDean-

allstarr

So, how would you make it make the words bigger as the mousover goes over it? Can you show an example of that?

allstarr

Ok. I wasn't really going to use it for my site, I just wanted to know how to do it for future reference.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

When I first built this site I used that, I also tried to make it bold on mouseover. Trust me this is not something you would want to do. When you mouse over it will, affect the entire page as the font grows.

Dave