55 users online (1 members and 54 guests)  

Related

1. How to Decode the data from Database using database handler?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. database programming without database????    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. database    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

What Database to use

I am a newby that wants my customers to log in and update their own accommodation details on my site, what database software is the easiest for doing this for a beginner
    Thanxs in advance for your adveice
    Tyron

Status

Re: What Database to use

I find mySQL easiest to use. Its well documented. When you have it installed, install phpmyAdmin also to make settin up and runnning your db as easy as possible.

New User

Status

Re: What Database to use

Quote Originally Posted by tyronjbay View Post
    I am a newby that wants my customers to log in and update their own accommodation details on my site, what database software is the easiest for doing this for a beginner
    Thanxs in advance for your adveice
    Tyron
    Another great option is postgresql. This has a far more powerful internal engine that mysql, although in recent years mysql has caught up on some of this functionality.

postgresql is open source and free to use as well. Probably the only disadvantage to you is that when looking at "how to" examples on the Internet you will probably find more example for mysql than postgres.

Cheers

Tim Buchalka