36 users online (0 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. CSS dosen't show in firefox    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. Positioning Textbox??    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. textbox to url    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Firefox not show textbox links

Hi. I am new here and I am also new for HTML. I simply say I don't know about HTML but I make a website with my personal interest. Fix some pictures, background and create textbox as a links for other pages. I publish web with MS Frontpage 2002. I checked out publish web with IE 7 its going fine but when I open firefox and check links that they not working. Firefox show me the links like that: file: c/ Documents and Settings/Admin/My Documents/My Webs/www.myweb.com/pagename.htm I try to correct this problem couple of times. I delete all of link (textboxes) and make again without any copy pasting but I still there. I already tell you I don't know about HTML so I not understand here what I do to solve this problem. I join other forums for solving this problem but their replies that I learn HTML so I really very disappointed. Is there any simple way to solve this problem or not?? Plz need your help. Thanks.

Status

Re: Firefox not show textbox links

Post your page code. We can't help you without that.

As for the suggestions on other forums to learn HTML, they are spot on. FrontPage is fine up to a point for authoring web pages, but you can't always fix every page rendering problem through FrontPage's design view. You need to understand the code that it generates and to do that, you need to know HTML. Don't keep going to another forum hoping for a different answer. You won't find it.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Thanks for good suggestion but plz tell me I paste here HTML codes or xml file codes. Because I don't know what codes do you need to read? and where I paste these codes here on forum or else where? Thanks again..waiting for your reply.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Just post the HTML here using the

button on the reply box.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

You need to paste the HTML code into your post here. That is, the HTML for the links that are not working in Firefox. Be sure to wrap your code in code tags (that's the # icon above the reply box).

Texan at Heart

Status

Curious what about the other browsers? Since you are using FP, did you go to File - New web to create a (Frontpage) web? This way, FP knows the architecture of your website and knows how to create the paths to your links

New User

Status

I paste code in reply box but some errors occured I uncheck "Automatically parse links in text but the same error front of me so I paste here code but with a spaces. I am sure you understand the right codes. Is the below codes do you need to see or other??
    #_x0000_t202" alt=""
    href="file : ///C: \Documnets %20and%20Setting\Eagle5\My%20Documents\My20%Webs\www.lalqalandar.net\music.htm when I want to click textbox button this these code appears below bar of firefox.

Status

Sorry, this isn't enough information. Paste the code for the entire web page into your post. As I said before, be sure to use code tags. Be sure to un-check the box that says "automatically parse links in the text" and check the box for "disable smilies in the text." That should clear up any errors you might be getting.

In the meantime, I have one question. Are you trying to display this page from your website http address or displaying it locally on your PC. If displaying it on your website, the link needs to be an http address, not one that displays it from your local PC.

Texan at Heart

Status

The link you posted is pointing to your Hard drive. When you go to My Computer (icon) and drill down to the folder www.lalqalandar.net under My Webs, does www.lalqalandar.net have a globe on it?

New User

Status

My web folder exist in C: > Documents and Setting > Eagle5 > My Documents > My Webs > lalqalandar.net on this folder there is a globe icon shows.
    sorry I am not write here full link of my web site because the post cannot allow me to send full url. I also uncheck "Automatically parse links in text" and check Disable smilies in text but after this the msg appears above on page.
    You are only allowed to post links once you have at least 5 posts.
    You may post the URL but you must uncheck "Automatically parse links in text" in the Additional Options below.

Texan at Heart

Status

In the above post you reference lalqalandar.net, but in another you said www.lalqalandar.net - do you have two folders in My Webs?

Status

You can post the URL to your site. It just won't show up as a hyperlink. BTW, those are warning messages, not errors. You can still post your code, even though you get those warning messages.

New User

Status

I am trying to correct those links which looks like the path of drive. I edit these links with my web control panel html editor and I check some of pages on my local machine and also check my friend's computer. The remake links working fine on firefox now.