71 users online (1 members and 70 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. Driving traffic to site by having content on site    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Need Help Getting Traffic to My Site.

I am relatively new here, this is great forum. I have a website, and I am trying to increase traffic to the site. I am also looking for general feedback and suggestions on how I can improve the site. I would ike to promote affliliate programs as well as use the site to generale client leads. Pleae let me know if you would be interested in reviewing the site for me. Thanks!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Need Help Getting Traffic to My Site.

Post the url so people can take a look.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Sure thanks. My web address is below.
    http://www.vincenthomes.com/

New User

Status

well, for one thing, you should post to craigslist frequently.

when you post, make sure to use your best keywords in the title of the craigslist post such as
    "san francisco apartments" etc...and also use that keyword in the anchor text of the link to your site.

both of these things can help your search engine rankings.

New User

Status

Thanks. I hadn't been using good keywords in my craigslist postings. Much appreciated.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CVincent View Post
    I am relatively new here, this is great forum. I have a website, and I am trying to increase traffic to the site. I am also looking for general feedback and suggestions on how I can improve the site. I would ike to promote affliliate programs as well as use the site to generale client leads. Pleae let me know if you would be interested in reviewing the site for me. Thanks!
    I'll take a different tact here, and suggest you look at your html, as it's not going to do you much good in the search engines.

A few things off the top of my head...

The meta description tag, put what your web site is about first, instead of the area.

This contents here are usually seen in the organic search engine results i.e. this is what people see and then decide whether to click or not, looking at the description (which includes a typo) I'd say I probably would not click it - Give some one a reason to click.

Your not use header tags, use at least one <h1> and multiple <h2..6> tags in your html. Search engines love these tags, so make sure they contain your keyword(s) and keyword phrase(s) in there.

If I was being brutally honest, I'd say that going to the site looks a little spammy (even if it's not) because there is a heck of a lot of links, and very little text. Try adding some decent content on the front page, that would help.

I'd also recommend you consider a pay per click (PPC) program e.g. google adwords, but be sure to do your research on which keywords to use.

Good luck.

Cheers

Tim

New User

Status

forum signatures are one of the best idea to get traffic for beginner .... But this idea does not give constant traffic ... as they berried under new post so SEOs are best for long run ...
    Last edited by HTML; 06-13-2007 at 03:01 PM.

New User

Status

Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback. My apologies for taking so long to reply. I plan to make the suggested changes soon. Thanks, again.

Disabled

Status

Yeah, I think it's a good start to write the articles and blogging but you may also use the services where they would submit you to the various directories and search engines where the results for your website content would appear on the first two pages. They also have the flexible plan, so you may choose the cheapest one to test whether it works (it does actually..)http://www.************.net

New User

Status

Getting Traffic to Your Site....

7 Great Ways To Bring Traffic To Your Website

Generating traffic is one of the most important things an entrepreneur can do to succeed in his online business. If you master traffic, you can create income on demand.

Here are some great ways to drive traffic to your site on a budget:

1. Post on forums. Forum marketing remains one of the best ways to drive traffic. It is free and you only need spend a little time each week or each day to post regularly to forums.

2. Create a blog about your business! Post unique and compelling content to your blog so visitors will come back for more. Some people will even recommend your blog to others, bringing in even more traffic.

3. Link exchange. Find websites related to yours and request to exchange links. This also works well from a search engine optimization perspective. Itís a win-win situation.

4. Post articles to article directories. Article submission is free, and article marketing is certainly a great way to drive lots of traffic to your site.

5. Use a little Pay Per Click advertising. Since you are on a budget, you wouldnít want to spend to much on pay per click advertising. However they can very effective. Just set a low daily budget and test your campaign. If it is profitable, increase your daily budget.

6. Submit press releases. Press releases are a great tool for branding and traffic purposes, so donít discount it! It is completely free advertising that can bring in a ton of leads and sales.

7. Use video advertising. You can create a simple video and post it up to a video sharing site like YouTube. This is one of the top methods to get free traffic because sites like YouTube are highly-trafficked.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CVincent View Post
    Well, you need to pick a keyword. SanFrancisco real estate is likely a good one....but check with overture or wordtracker first. Then that keyword phrase should be in your title tag.....all by itself. Then it should be in your meta description tag twice. Then that term should appear in your home page content. It should be at a normal keyword density of 1 - 3% for a number of screens. When I bring up your page on Google it looks like this.. "...mes.com/ - 32k -" That number should be 58k. Add content to your page until you reach that number. Then you have an optimized page. Not 100% yet, but it's a good start. That's how to optimize any page for one keyword. If you shoot for two keywords, you just mess things up.

New User

Status

Do,
    Article submission
    forum posting
    blog commending
    social bookmarking
    press release

these are the best way to Getting Traffic to your Site.

New User

Status

Make use of social media. Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc.

New User

Status

Try some local offline advertising that includes your website address, eg local papers (freebie & paid for papers) and any local magazines or classifieds.

New User

Status

To promote a site of to get traffic to a site, one needs to know how to promote a site properly. One could opt for different off-page techniques needed to promote a site like bookmarking, blog / article submission in good dofollow sites, forum posting, etc. Link exchange with good relevant sites is another factor of driving traffic towards a site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last