42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Thread: Link Exchanges

Related

1. i need link exchanges    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 1
  2. Permanent Link Exchanges Wanted!    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 0
    New User

Status

Link Exchanges

Can anyone tell me if link exchanges are a good idea--are they really effective? If so, are there any free ones that are best?

New User

Status

Re: Link Exchanges

Quote Originally Posted by CVincent View Post
    Can anyone tell me if link exchanges are a good idea--are they really effective? If so, are there any free ones that are best?
    I've found that, in general link exchanges are no where near as effective as they used to be.

The search engines are getting smarter all the time, and will mark you down dramatically for link exchanges, particularly if the two web sites do not have related content.

If at all possible go for a one way incoming link from a website with a high page rank.

With all that said, if you can find a website that is related to the niche yours is in, and you can't get a one way link from them, certainly consider a two way link, as it's better than nothing, and will help in your overall "credibility" as far as the search engines are concerned.

In related to which sites, I would not be recommending a particular link exchange site, rather search for websites that are in your niche, and contact the webmaster, and do it that way.

Good luck.

Cheers

Tim

New User

Status

link exchanges are great.
    they boost your exposure on google
    and if they are coming from the right place they get you targeted traffic

New User

Status

Some link exchanges bring nothing to your website than to the counterpart. It's really tricky and need luck.

Good lucks.