117 users online (0 members and 117 guests)  

Related

1. Dream Theater    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Dream weaver help    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 1
  3. list your dream pc configuration here :)    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 2
  4. Turner's dream    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

How to upload through Dream-weaver

I had upload the site www.***********************.com and while uploading I thought can we upload the site directly form Dream weaver Software? I want some information regarding uploading.

New User

Status

Re: How to upload through Dream-weaver

Dreamweaver has very useful tools for uploading to your server. I use Dreamweaver MX-2004 and I'm sure newer versions have similar tools.

When you set up your site in Dreamweaver, you tell the software where you want to save your site on your computer: The 'local root folder'. This is where you will design it so somewhere in My Documents is probably where this will be:

The second thing to set up in Dreamweaver is the 'remote folder'. This is the folder where you want to put your website for it to be hosted. Since I use Apache to host from my own computer, I've selected 'local' and then browsed to the location of my htdocs folder but Dreamweaver supports FTP and many other ways to get your files to the server depending on what you've got set up.

Once you've set everything up, Dreamweaver does an excellent job of organising your pages. From the files panel shown below you can see your 'local view' (the files on your computer) or your 'remote view' (the files on the server).

When you're ready to send your files to the server, select either the whole site or individual files or folders. Click the blue arrow and your files are put on your server, replacing older versions if they exist.

Of course using the Dreamweaver file organiser gives so many other benefits such as keeping your page links up to date on all your pages when you change them and Dreamweaver templates are unbelievably helpful.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: How to upload through Dream-weaver

Please do not post images in threads. At times images are needed, please use the attachment function only.

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting