191 users online (0 members and 191 guests)  

Thread: Force Voting

Related

1. Simple Voting System    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. voting    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Recording Data (Voting System)    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. How to force IE act as an HTML checker?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Force Voting

I want to know how some webmasters force people to vote for their site or go to a sponsor, just to get to a section of their site. I don't know if it's a script or HTML code.Email me at BYifru@aol.com if you know the answer....

Administrator

Status
    I know the answer , but if I answer here it benefits everyone.

Its just programming logic. You create a script that will not let you do B until you have done A. Simple as that.

You can use cookies, or sessions, or a database record. Its just logic.

If you are having trouble, post some specifics (code) and we will try to help.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    i dont know how to make scripts...so thats the problem

Administrator

Status
    Thats fair enough, Vegetto.

Why don't you outline the end result you are trying to achieve, with example pages etc, and we will see if we can help you?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status
    http://sh.cellrevenge.net/EpsGateway.shtml

that should be a direct URL to the page. I noticed it had "Gateway" in it also....

Status
    Just a personal opinion, but I don't re-visit sites that "force" me to do anything, especially things like voting for their site.

Administrator

Status
    I agree totally with Enigma.

However, I cannot resist a problem, so...

Code:
    <script language=JavaScript>
    // set variables to check if vote has happened
    // more can be added, just make sure to add functions to them
    voteone = 0
    votetwo = 0
    votethree = 0

function vote1(){
      voteone = 1;
      window.open("http://anime100.com/cgi-bin/rank/rankem.cgi?id=sheat2","ANIME100","location=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=0,width=520,height=300,top=0,left=0");
    }

function vote2(){
      votetwo = 1;
      window.open("http://www.mod-chip.com/click/clickme/click.cgi?tonemaster","MODCHIP","location=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=0,width=500,height=300,top=0,left=0");
    }

function vote3(){
      votethree = 1;
      window.open("http://anime100.com/cgi-bin/dball/rankem.cgi?id=sheat","DBALL","location=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=0,width=500,height=300,top=0,left=0");
    }

function Entrance(){
       if (voteone == 1 && votetwo == 1 && votethree == 1){
    self.location = 'http://sh.cellrevenge.net/FullEps.shtml';
    }

else if(voteone != 1 && votetwo !=1 && votethree !=1){ 
    	alert("Please  Vote So I can keep this site running");
    }

else if (voteone !=1 && votetwo ==1 && votethree !=1){
        alert("Please Vote So I can keep this site running");
    }

else if (voteone == 1 && votetwo !=1 && votethree !=1){
    	alert("Please Vote So I can keep this site running");
    }
    }

</script>
    This goes in the HEAD of your document, and is basically a rather simple check to see if the vote buttons have been pressed. You can adapt these to use your own vote urls.

Here is the code for the buttons. This is also a bit you may want to change.
    Code:
     <input name=voteone onClick=vote1(); type=button value="VOTE 1" style="background-color: #dedfdf; border: 1px solid #000000; font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000;cursor:hand">
                          <input name=votetwo onClick=vote2(); type=button value="VOTE 2" style="background-color: #dedfdf; border: 1px solid #000000; font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000;cursor:hand">
                          <input name=voteone onClick=vote3(); type=button value="VOTE 3" style="background-color: #dedfdf; border: 1px solid #000000; font-family:Verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000;cursor:hand">
                          <br>
                          <br>
                          <input name=Button4 onClick=Entrance(); type=button value="  FULL EPISODES  " style="background-color: #dedfdf; border: 1px solid #000000; font-family:Arial Black; font-size:10pt; color:#000000;cursor:hand">
    I got this code by right-clicking on the pape and choosing view source. Its a good habit to get into, as you pick up a lot of tricks that way.

Before implementing this, please take Enigmas words into account.Do you really want to be annoying your visitors before they even see your site?

Most Importantly - Isn't it better to make your site so good that people WANT to vote for it instead of forcing them to do it?