38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. CSS Problems    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. ie6 problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. I'm have some JS problems please help.    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 5
  4. 5 CJ Problems    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Problems with Frames

Hi everyone, I'm very new here. I have some problems geting frames to work for me. I can get the menu side and the main frame side to work at times but have problems getting them working together. I also have trouble getting background colors in either one to work, the color usually will only work in one side not both. Overall frames have not been my area of expertise but I want to finally figure out how to get them to work. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Status

Re: Problems with Frames

Welcome to AHFB!

Do you have a particular piece of code you're having problems with? If so, post it here, together with an explanation of what you want the code to do. That way, we can better help you. Thanks.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Here is a code that I copied from a website tutorial. Both frames show up in my document but I can never figure out how to get a background color to work on either part of the page. On the tutorial the links show up fine and they also have color but when I try itm only the frames show up. No links, no color, nothing. I hope this helps a bit as far as explaining what I want to do. I have a degree in Web development but this has always been a problem area for me. Thanks again. Brian

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Can you post the url, just be sure to uncheck the box that says "Automatically parse links in text".
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_frame_navigation. Here is the url, I copied and pasted it. I hope it works for you. I appreciate all the help being offered and for any hints to help me understand frames better. I guess the main problem is for a navigation menus, frames, etc. I've copied and pasted the codes in the tutorials just to see if they work for me but only the two frames ( the navigation side and the main menu side) show up.