32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  

Related

1. PaintShop Pro 9 graphics question    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 1
  3. Documents in HTML    Forum: HTML Forum
  4. Please Help webpage question!!    Forum: HTML Forum
  5. Printed coupons    Forum: General Discussion
    New User

Status

Question Question re: Printed documents as graphics to webpage?

Hello. I am relative new to HTML. I am helping a friend create a very simple webpage containing her resume of printed documents. She will then upload to server when she gets back to work at her job in Norway for public display. These hardcopy documents total about 20 pages and are referrals from former imployers containing their letterheads and signatures. We wish to show these as they are. I have tried scanning the documents and have saved them out as jpeg files in the smallest and lowest quality file possible. When entered into the html code, download time to the browser is extremely slow. Is there a quicker and better way of doing this? Thank you. Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I would try saving them in gif format as it is usally a smaller size and can still be crunched from there. jpg is better used for photos with fine detail and numerous colors.

oh...welcome to the forums

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status
    The fastest way would be to scan the text in OCR mode to convert it to text for a normal .html page presentation - duplicating the font of the original as close as possible. Then, create images for just the graphics portion (letterhead) of the page to place at the top or side in a <TABLE ...> configuration.

http://jamrent.50megs.com/ben/17m00803.htm

That page has a very basic graphic image that holds just one marquee line from my formal letterhead - the address portion of my letterhead not showing for confidentiality purposes is what motivated doing it that way instead of just showing the entire top portion as an image.
    Last edited by benzden; 07-21-2002 at 07:59 AM.