48 users online (1 members and 47 guests)  

New User

Status

Angry PageJacking or Innocence?

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to get a quick answer, but i'm keen to find out this answer. I've noticed a page on my site disapeared from search results overnight for no reason, so i decided to investigate as this seems to getting a bit regular. I copied the first sentence of the page googled it and found 2 results. Someone had copied my title and three lines of text and they're site was above mine. I think this is pagejacking? I emailed the other site to ask to remove my content and got an email bounced back. What can i do without rewriting the page to get my rank back? Also how can i stop this?

Status

Re: PageJacking or Innocence?

You can write that other person's ISP and get their website taken down for copyright infringement. They generally take a very dim view of that sort of thing, and usually act pretty quickly.

Let us know if you do this, and the outcome.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Unhappy Re: Fasthost Abuse / RSS Pagejacking? / Help

I compained to Fast host 3 times about the copywite issues on a site they hosted, but there abuse team said the content was coming from a live feed >>
    "The section you are referring to would appear to be a news feed from the site bpcentral.com
    Best Regards
    Misuse Team
    Fasthosts Internet Ltd
    "

Should I be pleased someone deemed my writting so good they thought it deserved a RSS, or is this not what RSS/syndication is for?
    The page is: [sorry this board wont allow the webpage]
    I've since re-written twice, but theres no point if some RSS bot is ripping the content as it appears.The thing that amzazed me was that google had dealt with my pagejacking response in < 24hrs ! Unless it was a massive conicidence the google cache changed at the same time.
    Any ideas?