87 users online (0 members and 87 guests)  

New User

Status

Exclamation Help!! Myspace screw up...

After intense google searching, for an html code, and not having any luck; I didnt know who to go to. So here I am, asking you guys for help.
    I have a major problem, so here's my story. The almighty "Myspace", deleted my account. I couldnt login, but, if i went to the profile (url) it was still there. I wrote to them and explained everything, they replied with "this error will be fixed soon, sit tight". haha, yea thanks.

I thought maybe somebody is just friggen with me, so I attempted to make a new account, using the same login email and sadly it worked. I wrote to "Tom" again and explained my situation. I told him that I dint care for getting my old account back, only thing that means the world to me is that url. Obviously, he wrote back, "no, this is impossible; Im not really a web master, I just got lucky.. blah blah blah Im a fake"

Aggh.. so I cant get my url back, which is advertised on a gazillion myspaces and in a couple magazines. btw this is my photography account.

Well thats that and my one and only question is: is there any possible way I could leave an html comment to overlay an image/banner over the entire page. Which will direct a myspacer to my new profile. Unless there's a better way/option to solve this mystery, any help is greatly appreciated.

Heres the link to my old account .... ok well I guess I cant post a link... ??? anyway. if you add "dyphoto" to the myspace url you will see a pic of me in a red/white shirt and a million people on the top 8...

..FYI.. Ive asked like a million forums this question. I hope I can get some help here.
    Last edited by Dmitri; 07-15-2007 at 12:12 AM. Reason: spacing

Status

Re: Help!! Myspace screw up...

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
    is there any possible way I could leave an html comment to overlay an image/banner over the entire page. Which will direct a myspacer to my new profile. Unless there's a better way/option to solve this mystery, any help is greatly appreciated.
    No. If there were, just think of how many Myspace pages you could screw up. Your best bet is to wait as Tom suggested and hope they get things fixed on your original account. How long has it been anyway? Just give them some time.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

New User

Status

Ok so, my account was deleted 07/07/07, I wrote to them the same day and they replied the next day 07/08/07. Either way it doesnt matter because they contradicted themselves on 07/10/07, saying that fixing or getting my account back is impossible. I just thought it would be possible because spammers leave undelete-able comments at the top of the comment box, so I figured there'd be something similar. but w/e, thanks for the reply

tom isnt "tom"

Status

there actually is a way to do what you're talking about
    using simple css and/or html.
    but i went to your myspace page,
    and it looks as though you have html disabled in comments,
    and that makes it impossible to do so.

--woops, actually i haven't tried it in a while, and do to the phishing they must have put in a filter on what you can put in comments because none of what i had said works anymore.
    Last edited by codybear; 10-12-2008 at 04:30 AM.