31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

New User

Status

how do you value a website?

Can someone please tell me exactly how a website is valued? (examples please)

New User

Status

Re: how do you value a website?

There are lots of things that go into a websites value.

Branding:
    About a year ago Google purchased YouTube (i'm speculating here) because it was a well known brand getting lots of media attention and the user base was growing at an exceptional rate.

SEO:
    A website that performs very well in the search engines and has lots of links pointed at the site. Also if it uses search engine friendly URLs.

In my opinion as site that doesn't have a well known brand but has good search engine placement would generally go for less money. However these could be good buys because the branding could evolve because of the good search engine placement.

A site that is well branded is going to go for a lot more.

If you're looking to sell your site, I would consider how much you made off the site in the past 2 years and add how much you think it'll make in the next 2 years.

New User

Status

Re: how do you value a website?

Ultimately what's on the pages count. Also depends on who the site is targeted for.
    One other point is the amout work required to keep the site up and in good health.