Thread: ftp problems
Results 1 to 7 of 7
12-28-2000, 11:36 PM #1
Ok, I got an ftp program called ws_ftp so I can upload my website into my angelfire website. I looked at the angelfire instructions, and the process looked the same. But it won't let me upload, it'll only let me get the stuff that's already on my website, but won't let me put stuff on it. Am I missing something?
12-29-2000, 01:57 AM #2
could you explain how you are trying to upload?
12-29-2000, 10:33 AM #3
That's the problem. I don't know how. There's a "tab" or "link" at the top that says "connect", and that leads it to asking me information. But all that does is copy the information on my site already there, and bring it back. So, I don't even know how to get an upload screen on. I've searched the program. There are some buttons that I don't know what they do, but I'm pretty sure they won't help.
12-29-2000, 11:16 AM #4
alright, i'll try to walk you through it.
1. Tit the Connect Button
2. Create a new profile, with a profile name (anything you want) your servers ftp address, and your username and password.
3. Once that is done, hit connect, and if you give it long enough, you will eventually get your server in the right hand side.
4. Now in the left hand side, find your HTML documents which is your site.
5. Find the one you want to upload, and click it once so it is selected.
6. hit the arrow pointing to the right inbetween the windows.
Does that help any?
12-29-2000, 05:29 PM #5
That helps a million. The only problem now is I can't seem to get my stuff on the left side. It won't let me get into it. Like, the thing I want is in My Documents, but it doesn't show everything in the folder, including the folder that all my stuff is in. So when I type in the location manually nothing happens. Am I doing anything wrong? Everything else went great! Thanks!
12-29-2000, 05:36 PM #6
12-29-2000, 09:07 PM #7
Glad it works