102 users online (0 members and 102 guests)  

1. Replies: 0
  2. Form drop down menu tool tips?    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. JavaScript - Form Drop Down List    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Multiple drop down form woes    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Multiple drop down form woes    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
    New User

Question help w/Drop down boxes in Form

I'm using Frontpage 2003. I have a form with standard stuff like name, address, phone etc. However, I also need to add two dropdown's where the user will select A, B, C etc in the first drop down and then the choices in the second drop down will populate based on the selection in the first drop down. How do I do that and how do I get the results of what the user selected to be emailed when i hit the submit button? I am unable to link to a database for this form.
    Thanks for any help

Re: help w/Drop down boxes in Form

The first part of your request, populating a second drop down box based on the value of the first drop down, is best accomplished by using javascript. You could probably find some examples of this by Googling for it (or search the forums to see if there is some sample code that does this). However, you can't use javascript to send email. That would be best done using a scripting language such as PHP. Just search Google using the search terms PHP contact form script.

Hope this helps.

Edit: You'll probably have to use FrontPage's code view to add this code.
    Last edited by vinyl-junkie; 07-27-2007 at 06:35 PM. Reason: More information
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Re: help w/Drop down boxes in Form

use this to retrieve the values and you then assign it to a variable and accordingly you can assign other values... then pass that variable to the same page..
    i did using this method only and it worked..