39 users online (0 members and 39 guests)  

Related

1. Moving elements    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Moving Site (maybe)    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Moving Stuff?    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. moving navigation bar    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Moving the detail table

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me? I need help moving my detail table to the left of my page. I have looked everywhere and can't find anything.

Thanks

Status

Re: Moving the detail table

Can't be done. The different sections of your information have to stay in the same place.
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Status

Re: Moving the detail table

that person was wrong,
    you can move all kinds of tables on your myspace using postioning css.
    it can be a pain because of the different browsers displaying different positionings due to how they render the information.
    i have moved just about everything where ever i wanted on one of my layout profiles.
    but the biggest difference in positioning is between firefox and internet explorer.

disclaimer: when i use the quotes you do not put them in the brackets, they are just to show exactly what you put in the brackets. also i would like to add that i am running off of 4 hours of sleep, and haven't slept in like 20 hours. haha, damn energy drinks. haha. but if you have any questions as i'm sure you will since i probably don't make any sense, feel free to message me.
    you can also get ahold of me at
    myspace.com/9413651
    but please note that my profile only looks good in firefox as i do have a grudge against internet explorer. haha.

fyi these css codes will have to be inside of style tags.

i will walk through how to do it first then show example below.

1. first put the section you'd like to move, for example ".userProfileCompany" (companies section),

2. then add the positioning css then using {position:absolute; } or {position:relative; }
    --absolute starts from the top of the webpage, relative moves from where it is originally located at
    3. then inside those brackets include some of the following;
    "top:XXpx;" (without quotes, and change XX to amount of pixels you want-may have to play around a bit with that number)
    "left:XX%;" (25%=a quarter of the way accross the webpage, 50%=half the way accross the webpage, etc.--again replace XX with desired number.)
    "left:XXpx;" (will move item to the right however many pixels you change XX to, to move to the left use a negative number.)

=================================================

position relative example:

.notes {move companies section}
    .userProfileCompany {position:relative; top:100px; left:50%; left:100px;}

(due to the "position:relative;" this will make the positioning css start wherever the company section originally is.
    -therefore if you would like to move the company section to the left 100 pixels you would have this inbetween the brackets: "left:-100px;"
    -if you would like to move the company section to the right 100 pixels you would use this instead: "left:100px;"
    -if you would like to move the company section up 100 pixels you would use this: "top:100px;"
    -if you would like to move the company section down 100 pixels you would use this: "top:-100px;"

==================================================
    for positon absolute example:

.userProfileCompany {position:absolute; top:100px; left:50%; left:100px;}

(due to the "position:absolute;" this will move the company section a hundred pixels from the top ("top:100px;"). also because of the "left:50%;" it will start the table in the middle of the webpage, but because i added "left:100px;" it will move the company section 100 pixels to the right of the middle of the webpage. if i were to make the "left:XXpx;" be "-100px" it would have moved the company section 100 pixels to the left of the middle of the webpage.)

for another example if you just want to move the company section 100 pixels from the top, and 100 pixels from the left side of the webpage the code would look like this:

.userProfileCompany {position:absolute; top:100px; left:100px;}

i have added a note line above the sections so you can tell what it does easily within all of your coding.
    these are not all of the sections, there are more, but i do not feel like typing them all up at the moment.

.userProfileCompany

.notes {move school section}
    .userProfileSchool

.notes {move interests}
    .interestsAndDetails

.notes {move details}
    .userProfileDetail

.notes {move extended network}
    .extendedNetwork

.notes {move latest blog entry}
    .latestBlogEntry