98 users online (0 members and 98 guests)  

1. A website for internet trolls and haters    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 0
    New User

Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet

What minimum possible time does it take to become live on Internet for a website?

I mean to say the time taken from domain registration, hosting and uploading. Here what I observered is hosting and uploading is almost instantanious if Internet connection and server is ok.

The next factor is time taken for propagation of nameserver details.

Any way I am asking about instant website?
    Is it possible to register a domain, host and upload site content and all is available to world in minimum time.

So suggest me any one a startegy for minimum time taken in the whole process.

Re: Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet

Domain registration - 5 minutes (excludes time to think up a decent -- and available -- domain name to register in the first place)

Web hosting account setup - 5 minutes, depending on the hosting company you choose. Some want to verify your credit and allow themselves up to 12 hours to setup your account.

Nameserver setup - Less than 5 minutes

File upload to the new web server - 5 minutes to half an hour, depending on the number and size of the files to be uploaded, setup of database(s), etc.

Propogation of the nameservers throughout the internet
    - 24 to 48 hours, depending on the day of the week you do this. If a weekday, estimated time is closer to 24 hours; 48 hours, if a weekend
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more