98 users online (0 members and 98 guests)  

1. Replies: 0
  2. Driving traffic to site by having content on site    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Unique Content Written for Your Site Free    Forum: Barter/Trade
    Replies: 1

Kansas City MO

another question about site content

I have already gotten some feedback on my site, www.unityomaha.org and it has verified what I already suspected - there is too much scrolling. I have found a dhtml side menu script and am using it to break down the size of the pages by using menus and sub-menus.

I have recent site updates displayed close to the top of the home page. I want people to see right up front that the site is regularly updated in the hopes that they will regularly come back. I also like to keep a bit of list so they know that it is not just one little thing being changed every now and again. The list only goes back about a month. But this does add to the scroll.

How prominently should site updates be displayed? Would it be ok to move them to their own page or am I just being to wordy in describing the updates?

David Ringo

Bournemouth, UK
    Personally, I prefer an informative link to the update in question more useful than a full preci.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?