37 users online (1 members and 36 guests)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    New User

Status

How to have a good rank in alexa?

Hi there

I have noted that my websites are very well ranked in yahoo and google, the daily visit are quite good (best in years) but my rank in alexa is very very low and going down.... how this is possible?

New User

Status

Re: How to have a good rank in alexa?

do not pay attention to alexa..its very inaccurate. how alexa works is it calculates by the people who have the alexa toolbar, so if 5% of webusers have the alexa toolbar installed, and 10 people visit your website running the alexa toolbar, alexa will report that you got 200 visitors

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Hi there

I have noted that my websites are very well ranked in yahoo and google, the daily visit are quite good (best in years) but my rank in alexa is very very low and going down.... how this is possible?

You must have a good traffic to your site in order to have a high ranking in Alexa. By the way it can be manipulated just focus on SERPs....

New User

Status

Dear
    Many users are facing problems with alexa.
    The main problem with Alexa is its rankings are based on users who have installed the Alexa toolbar onto their browser.
    If you do not have the toolbar running, you do not affect the rankings of the sites you visit. The next big problem with Alexa is it is very easy to cheat the system.
    Just get a few friends to install the toolbar and have them surf your site everyday. It does not take many people to break into the top 100,000. You can even do it all by yourself by refreshing your site over and over again. Get a dozen friends to do it and you’re breaking into top 20,000 easily.
    Best regards,
    Mark

New User

Status

I have a PR4 Google rank, have top positions on the first page of all engines for a host of keywords and an absolute rubbish ranking with Alexa, ask me what I think is more important........

Disabled

Status

I saw this on the net,. hope it can help you
    1. Install the Alexa toolbar or Firefox’s SearchStatus extension and set your blog as your homepage. This is the most basic step.
    2. Put up an Alexa rank widget on your website
    3. Encourage others to use the Alexa toolbar. This includes friends, fellow webmasters as well as site visitors/blog readers. Be sure to link to Alexa’s full explanation of their toolbar and tracking system so your readers know what installing the toolbar or extension entails.
    4. Work in an Office or own a company? Get the Alexa toolbar or SS Firefox extension installed on all computers and set your website as the homepage for all browsers.
    5. Get friends to review and rate your Alexa website profile. Not entirely sure of its impact on rankings but it might help in some way.
    6. Write or Blog about Alexa. Webmaster and bloggers love to hear about ways to increase their Alexa rank.
    7. Flaunt your URL in webmaster forums. Webmasters usually have the toolbar installed. You’ll get webmasters to visit your website and offer useful feedback.
    8. Write content that is related to webmasters. This can fall in the category of domaining and SEO, two fields in which most webmasters will have the Alexa toolbar installed. Promote your content on social networking websites and webmaster forums.
    9. Use Alexa redirects on your website URL.
    10. Post in Asian social networking websites or forums.
    11. Create a webmaster tools section on your website. This is a magnet for webmasters who will often revisit your website to gain access to the tools.
    12. Get Dugg or Stumbled. This usually brings massive numbers of visitors to your website and the sheer amount will have a positive impact on your Alexa Rank
    13. Use PayperClick Campaigns. Buying advertisements on search engines such as Google or Exact Seek will help bring in Traffic.
    14. Create an Alexa category on your blog and use it to include any articles or news about Alexa.
    15. Optimize your popular posts.
    16. Buy banners and links for traffic from webmaster forums and websites.
    17. Hire forum posters to pimp your website. Either buy signatures in webmaster forums or promote specific articles or material in your website on a regular basis.
    18. Pay Cybercafe owners to install the Alexa toolbar and set your website as the homepage for all their computers.
    19. Use MySpace . This is a little shady so I don’t recommended it unless you’re really interested in artificially inflating your Alexa Rank.
    20. Try Alexa auto-surfs. .
    Last edited by chApichupandra; 01-29-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Disabled

Status

you haven't tried these steps for your sites, right? I'm sure not yet! so why do I follow your suggestion chapichupapa???

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ericajoieake View Post
    you haven't tried these steps for your sites, right? I'm sure not yet! so why do I follow your suggestion chapichupapa???
    saw my post? I didn't said that I already tried this stuff,. I just saw it on the net and post it here since the thread was asking on that topic,. And I don't think I'm suggesting it to you,.

Anyway, I don't see any importance in Alexa for me to try those stuffs,.

New User

Status

While hi5 maintains its strong hold in Central America, it faces tough competition in Asia from many social networking sites. Hi5.com comes in first ten ranking in Alexa.com. You can see ranking of Fortune Park Hotels Ltd in Alexa.

New User

Status

It can be faked by using some alexa rank booster softwares or a simple php script, let me know if you need one...

New User

Status

Alexa ranking is not important, since it only takes into acount user of it's own toolbar/plugin
    Concern yourself with links and good quality content.

New User

Status

alexa's ranking is based on traffic...

New User

Status

Alexa is one of the most known names in the web circuit. Alexa's numerous features aimed at the benefit of the users have contributed immensely to its rapid expansion and ever growing popularity.
    Last edited by martinlock; 04-16-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: to confirm it

New User

Status

I have had exactly the same problem. It is useful to remember that Alexa is only indicate and only counts traffic to yoru site which uses the Alex toolbar. Thsi is much more common in the US than Europe for example.

New User

Status

Smile Re: How to have a good rank in alexa?

To have a good rank in alexa you must have more traffic in your site. How? Through link building.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last