41 users online (1 members and 40 guests)  

Thread: Database Table

Related

1. How to Decode the data from Database using database handler?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. HTML table to Database    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. database programming without database????    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Replies: 5
  5. This is about a create database table?    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Database Table

I would like to make a table that lists 300 plus members of our organization and their status and email addresses. Actually I want 5 columns for First Name, Last Name, Status, personal email address, and work email address. Is there any short way of making a table like that? Can I make the table and put the contents in afterwards?

Administrator

Status
    Hello there. Welcome to the forums.

Big question, really. yes, you can create your table before adding data, that is not a problem. In fact, you will have to.

Of course, what database? mySQL, msSQL, Access, PostGre? It all makes a difference.

If you have Office installed on your home machine, practice making tables with the Access GUI. Once you are comfortable, move on to web databases. mySQL is fine for most users. I recommend using a webbased interface for your database ( Search the web for phpMyAdmin if you are using mySQL and PHP, its fantastic ).

If you go for mySQL, don't forget the homepage ( www.mysql.com/ ) and don't be scared to experiment. Databases (except Access ) are hard to break and easy to fix, so have fun.

Any questions you have after figuring some stuff out, please post them here
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?