41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: help

New User

Status

Unhappy help

I desperatly need help! I was asked to upload a file on a server. the next thing i know a file called baby.cgi pop up from I guess nowhere..:-) I saved the file using notepad as i did not know if i did anything on it and upload it again on the server. since then the website has disappeared from the web and I get a message internal error. can anybody help me put the website on the web as nothing has ever happened ..and for free. I guess for someone in the knowlegde, it should not be hard!
    please help!!!!
    Marie

Status

Re: help

Was the website working before you uploaded this file? What happens if you delete the file you uploaded?
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more

Status

Is it possible to show us the contents of baby.cgi, if you need a free place to store your website, without banners etc. I allow users to temporarily store web developments on my web space.

New User

Status

Red face Re: help

yes the website was working! I deleted the file that I uploaded but it did not make the website reappear! I know that it is the file with the extension cgi that I was not supposed to touch that made the whole site disappeared.
    for infoand as you must have guessed by now!!!) I know nothing about programing!

New User

Status

yes it is possible to show you the content of baby.cgi but as I rather limit the damage, I will prefer to give you the access code (via your email)to get to the website than to try to do anything myself! sure it is wiser!

New User

Status

just in case, this is the message that appears instead of the website:
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

More than likely you need to set file permissions, it may also have incorrect paths.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting