38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Thread: Page rank?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. page rank?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

Page rank?

What exactly gets you a page rank? I have a couple different sites, all have a PR. Some have PR of 4 while a couple are lower. The PR of 4 is not even on the better site. Why would the better site get PR of 1 and not higher?

Disabled

Status

Re: Page rank?

Actually PR is based on quality links of the sites... Especially the IBLs...

PageRank aka PR is one of the methods Google uses to determine the relevance or importance or popular the website is and based largely on link popularity, on a scale of 0 to10. The theory is that high quality sites receive a higher PageRank based on visitors and traffic your site receives. PageRank is a “vote”, by all the other pages on the internet. PageRank is essentially a score out of ten as to the “value” of your site in comparison to other websites on the Internet. It is based on two primary factors; the number of links you have pointing to your website and the value of the links pointing to your website.

New User

Status

Pagerank is based on several factors, mainly number of links to your site and their pr and relevancy. However, many people are concerned with pr when they shouldn't be, as it has little bearing on serps. Relevancy and good on page and off page optimisation will get you good serps, and probably good pr as well.

New User

Status

As know to get a higher pr is very difficult, and I heard that many sites having high page rank lost it and become 1PR.

It's important to get keeping with your SEO working Your rank, and You never can't say, which site is better? It decdes google.

So good luck and hard work!!

New User

Status

Rather than focusing on improving the PR of your site, focus more on building quality links or just backlinks and traffics for your website..SERP rankings base more on the no. of backlinks pointing to your site..

New User

Status

The big daddy of web site ranking is Alexa http://www.alexa.com They rank every page from the most visited to the least. Don't be surprised if you're not there. It takes a lot to get noticed.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by cooluks View Post
    Actually PR is based on quality links of the sites... Especially the IBLs...
    I will disagree on that my friend. PR is based on the quality of a site. There are many factors to get high pr. Yes, quality of inbound links or the link popularity is one of the factors. Including here are the contents, age and traffic of the site. The content must be updated or always fresh, the traffic is high and the age is old.

New User

Status

I have 3 websites..1 directory site, and blogs. They all Pr 3..But I didn't get some bucks from them..hmmm what should I do?

New User

Status

Google figures that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote for the other page. The more votes that are cast for a page, the more important the page must be. Also, the importance of the page that is casting the vote determines how important the vote itself is. Google calculates a page's importance from the votes cast for it. How important each vote is is taken into account when a page's PageRank is calculated.
    So, it sounds like it doesn't matter the topics of the linked pages, just how 'popular' the linked pages are (defined as how many other pages they are linked to and their links are linked to).

Disabled

Status

Timing !

You need to know when to post the links and how many a month in order to be 100% relevant for the nest PR update

New User

Status

Page Rank = doesnt matter tbh anymore

Disabled

Status

I do not agree, higher your PR is, more expensive your links are

New User

Status

so how can one increase his site's PR? by adding backlinks?

New User

Status

page rank depend on contents, traffic, domain age, back links.
    Last edited by HTML; 09-11-2009 at 07:11 AM.

New User

Status

hello,
    it basically depends upon keywords you are targeting. If their is high competition then website must have high number of hits than your competitors website. then only your website will get high PR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last