45 users online (0 members and 45 guests)  

Thread: mUsIc wOnT WoRk

Related

1. Website wont display in firefox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Wont display properly in Firefox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. resolution wont work    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
  4. Centering Wont work!!! HELP    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Question mUsIc wOnT WoRk

the music on my page won't work why is that? is there something wrong with the code? to help out here's the code I am using

<bgsound src="http://www.mymci.com/farmluvstor/Pretty-Boy.wma" loop="infinite" autostart="true">

is there something wrong with it? Oh and If I'm posting too much sorry bout that.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    working fine here using IE ver 6.0

Dave

Man Utd Fans

Status
    sometimes, it takes a long time for music files to load. so, wait patiently for 'bout one minute. if it still doesn't work, try switching your browser to another one.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You bring up a good point geek, I bet I can raise an even better one (atleast this time), and I will be simple and to the point.

If you have to "be patient" while it loads in order to view your own website, consider what your visitors will do. Do you think they will wait, or will they simply move on?

Bottom line, any page that is over 40kb including code, images, music, and any other files called for in the code, will lose visitors, not a few but lots of visitors.

Dave

Status
    In full agreement here. Another argument against music on sites that aren't "music oriented" sites:

I listen to the news radio while working and browsing - music sites interfere with what I am already listening to -- don't stay at them long and especially don't stay there if the site doesn't also allow me to turn the music off.

I have one example of a music site that only works the second (or third+ depending upon how busy the internet is) time one enters it - when the sounds files have loaded into one's cache. It's at:

http://kevin13.ciriacks.com

Most of the time, I upload sound files and allow visitors to click on an associated icon in order to hear them - such as those associated with genealogy sites and the varying pronunciations for a given surname around the world.
    Last edited by benzden; 08-21-2002 at 10:48 AM.