42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Frame Breaking Codes??    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 13
  2. Breaking the law? Gov't to take your domain    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Breaking Down Forums    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

frame breaking codes

Hello everyone!! My name is Rebecca and I am having some trouble with frame breaking codes. I have set up a website through godaddy and trafficg wont let people view my site because I have frame breaking code script???? I have tried to do some research, but im so confused, I can't even figure out what the heck frames are, not to mention, I have no clue how to disable them. Any suggestions??

Texan at Heart

Status

Re: frame breaking codes

Are you using a JavaScript to "break the frames"? Some people attempt to basically put someone's else's website / content on their own website using frames (thus stealing bandwidth, etc).

Some webmasters will put a break frames code to prevent this.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I see you have the frame break code on your website. This has a genuine purpose and I suggest leaving it in place. TrafficG...avoid these silly traffic gimmiks
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

So I should just leave it alone? What about web traffic?

Texan at Heart

Status

Depends - why do you want it there? I usually tend to try to avoid any / all JavaScript when possible because of potential problems with browsers.

I have no idea about TrafficG personally - never used it and agree with the above user, sounds like a gimmick and could potentially cause you other problems later

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    I see you have the frame break code on your website. This has a genuine purpose and I suggest leaving it in place.
    I was very surprised to see an admin, on a website, actually post this response.

What about respecting the traffic, that frame busting javascript steals?

In netiquette terms framebusting scripts are actually a big no-no.

There are many genuine, and innocent reasons for using frames, or iframes, and it's not only very easy, but incredibly common, for code, especially url's, to be inserted either legitimately, or illegitimately, into a page within that frameset, that leads traffic intentionally or otherwise, to another page that rather rudely then breaks the frameset, and steals the traffic.

The correct netiquette approach for a webmaster to use, who doesn't wish for his material to be displayed in a frameset, whether it was done intentionally, or unintentionally, is to make a redirect script to a top page, that displays a message informing the surfer that the page requested was not intended to be viewed in frames, and should they wish to view that page then they can view it at an url, that is then linked, to open in a new tab, or browser page, which doesn't break the frameset, and steal the original sites traffic, thus allowing the surfer to make the choice themselves as to where they actually wish to surf.

I know this is an old thread, but it comes up very highly on a google search into this subject, so I felt it was important enough to sign up here and try to offer an alternative, to those receiving bad advice, and a rather disrespectful policy, from this website.

I doubt the OP will ever comeback and read this thread, but I hope anyone stumbling upon it, from a google search, will rethink the use of such code, and put in a more social, and polite solution, that doesn't arrogantly steal traffic.