25 users online (2 members and 23 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 0
  2. PR4 Domain 30$    Forum: Domain Name Sales
    Replies: 1
  3. my domain    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Forwarded Domain

Hello, Everyone!
    Here's a scenario where I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions:
    I have a fee based membership site. My primary url points to the main member page where members can log in and non-logged in members or non-members have extremely limited access to the content within the site.
    I would like to have a secondary url that points to a "sales letter" page within the primary url's site (ie secondary url points to primaryurl.com/salespage) that is part of the limited access.
    It's the content of the primary url's site in total that is going to get ranked with the search engines, but I'd like to have the secondary url be the link that people see within the results of their key word searches.
    In other words, when someone searches google (or other search engine) for one of my targeted key words - assuming I'm able to get listed on a page that users will see - the url that I'd like those people to see and click on is the "secondary" url that leads to the sales letter.
    I apologize if this is a naive question, but my brain has a way of shutting down when it comes to trying to get my thoughts around the whole SEO concept.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

New User

Status

Re: Forwarded Domain

If you wish to have the search engines pick up the sales page , optimise and link from you main page, then link build with anchortext using your main keyword as the anchor text. You should then see both pages show up for your given keyword

New User

Status

thanks alot

New User

Status

mer30