52 users online (1 members and 51 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Need Pro MYSQL HELP    Forum: Databases
    Replies: 1
  3. Mysql help please    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Why does my background music skip?    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

Skip mysql altogether?

If you are making simple databases, I found foigo .com pretty helpful.

You just have to disable those annoying Foigo site headers and footers so it looks like you made the form. It can store data like a database. I made comment boxes really easily with this

New User

Status

Re: Skip mysql altogether?

If there is a possibility to save data to my database then it would be pretty helpful. But this way it is only for some very basic usage.

Status

Re: Skip mysql altogether?

The problem with foigo is the lack of data control. As jackleti said, you can't get the data into another database (at least not very easily). The only format allowed is as an Excel Spreadsheet.

I will never use this for my sites (as form creation is really simple for me), but I can definitely see the appeal. From what I can tell, this appears to be a good service for any site that needs a simple form and doesn't need to do anything with the data other than view it. The form creation tool is pretty robust as well when compared to other online form creators. The only problem I have with the form creation tool is that it is not terribly user friendly. It takes some getting used to in order to fully utilize the tool.

All in all, not a bad idea, but not a reason to "Skip mysql altogether".