38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. Deleted dynamic URL’s    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Dynamic Combobox    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Dynamic web forms    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Dynamic HTML    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  5. Replies: 8
    New User

Status

Question Question about SEO and Dynamic Pages

I have a customers site implemented with Comersus Shopping Cart, free version 7.09
    All pages look like viewItem.asp?id=...
    The customer needs more traffic and the cart includes a feature to make an export of all catalog pages using static HTML with product name in URL, title, meta tags and keywords.
    Question: some content is in fact duplicated like images and product description. Will google low the PR if I use this export feature?

Disabled

Status

Re: Question about SEO and Dynamic Pages

it still can harm and affect your PR.. duplicate content would consider in a supplementary result. so it's still advisable to create a unique and informative content

New User

Status

Hi,

I would second Gingercally's response. Original content will always help.

Without means of taking a look at the site, concerned, it's difficult to judge what your customer's needs might be.

In the circumstances and if applicable why not try one or both of the following:

1) Write a review about a related product which is complementary to the product(s) on the site (it can be a short review rich with keywords)

2) Write a few original articles on related topics that provide information about the company and/or products that inform the website visitors.

Even if the site is a catalogue type (like Play.com), these additional pages of content on the site should help towards SEO.

Whatever you do, avoid buying in PLR articles and planting them (unedited) on the site. That will do more damage than good since the world and its aunt will have copies of the same articles!

Good luck!

Jamie

Disabled

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    I have a customers site implemented with Comersus Shopping Cart, free version 7.09
    All pages look like viewItem.asp?id=...
    The customer needs more traffic and the cart includes a feature to make an export of all catalog pages using static HTML with product name in URL, title, meta tags and keywords.
    Question: some content is in fact duplicated like images and product description. Will google low the PR if I use this export feature?
    Search Engines are known to penalize websites that contain Duplicate / Similar content.... So it is useless even if you work hard for it... Keep it unique and it will help you...