92 users online (0 members and 92 guests)  

Thread: Feedback!

Related

1. feedback    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 1
  2. Looking for feedback    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 1
  3. Feedback please ......?    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 0
  4. Looking For Feedback    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 13
    New User

Status

Feedback!

I guess this is the best place for introductions, I am The Smoking Gun! but many refer to me as TSG!, and I thought this looks like a good place to get a better handle on developing my websites, I will be browsing your tutorials to see if this is what I need to learn all the aspects of web development! Then when I am comfortable I will gladly help those who are even newer!

Sorry for my first post to consist of what it does but when using the HTML Table Maker II, and using either the preview, or generate buttons, a new tab opens with a reset table maker form, and the page load completes really slow, apparently from receiving data from Google analytics, as displayed in my status corner of my browser, I am using Firefox 2.0.0.11.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue with the tool? I am not sure which is the case that's why I felt it worth bringing to your attention, if it is just my own stupidiy and am missing something, please accept my apologies!

TSG!

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: Feedback!

Welcome to the forums TSG

I too have noticed a delay the last couple of days, on my end it looks like it is Google Adsense, it hangs waiting for "googlesyndication"
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Please change your email of record for your registration. As it stands I get an auto reply for everything.

D

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    Please change your email of record for your registration. As it stands I get an auto reply for everything.

D
    My bad...I used that out of habit, I forgot there is an auto responder for my visitors, I switched to my personal one!

You responded about the slow page complete but why could I not generate a table?

Thanks again,

TSG!

Administrator

Status

I am getting the same problem on IE, I will take a furthur look and respond once I get it working.
    PS It is loading very fast for me.
    D

Administrator

Status

Quick and easy fix. Actually I was expecting the fix to create a new problem but it seems ok.

D

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    Quick and easy fix. Actually I was expecting the fix to create a new problem but it seems ok.

D
    Thanks much for attending to that hiccup, and your patience in my not seeing the post that said you would get back to me AFTER you addressed the problem, when I asked again in my response, and yes the page loads quickly but wasn't completing the load because of Google, that happens on my site whenever Google is responding to content change!

That table maker II is a pretty handy tool!
    BTW what is the summary field for?
    Thanks for the help,

TSG!

Administrator

Status

and your patience in my not seeing the post that said you would get back to me AFTER you addressed the problem
    Not your fault, I had not wrote that yet. I had so many things going on yesterday, it left my mind right after reading it. It was not till you brought it up again did I snap.

The summary is used to describe the contents of the table. This may be helpful when editing your pages. It is up in the air as to if Google treats it like the alt tag in its ranking algo. My suggestion would be to use it but do not fill it with spam.

D