35 users online (1 members and 34 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. Need your kind attention pls    Forum: Google Adsense
    Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 0
  3. I need the code for this kind of site??    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
  4. My website (hope to learn HTML soon)    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Re: Please help me someone I know nothing...I hope to learn if someone would be kind

Ok, One step at a time.....

I'm going to need to know if the web host is reliable incase it goes down and I need to make sure that they are around to contact.
    Do you know of any similar websites that offer the same sort of package that are in the UK.

This is because I may need UK based support.

I may be wrong but do people usually have their web host in another country?
    It may be that it works out cheaper for me. I'm just so green to it all.

New User

Status

Re: Please help me someone I know nothing...I hope to learn if someone would be kind

Hello sorry I must have sent that just about the same time as you replied.

I have the .com and the .co.uk so does that mean I will need to have 2 hosts?

I feel like I'm starting to get a grip of it all although it is alot to take in!

Why would having a host in the US help me with the audience for the .com?

New User

Status

Ok, I think I should read your emails better..So its for the search engines.

Perhaps I should start off with the co.uk to start with and then introduce the .com at a later stage. I need to learn to walk before I can fly.

I have the .com till 2009 so I have a while to go yet.

I appreciate all your help its fantastic

Dawn

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    It may be that it works out cheaper for me. I'm just so green to it all.
    I have to comment first on this, if you are running a business on the internet and are going to try to save a couple of bucks on hosting, you are shooting yourself in the foot. Budget hosting companies are for hobbies, business hosting is for business, mixing the 2 is a disaster.
    That all said, I have no information on UK hosts that I could offer other than the host will be able to assist you with your domain integration. You would not need 2 hosts, both domains can point to the same, the host will help you with this.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Hello,

Yes I don't want to be shooting myslef in the foot that would hurt. I'm looking for the best fail safe solution for me who quite frankly is a complete idiot trying to set up a website. I have all kinds of worries about buying into something that is wrong for me or the big issue of being ripped off is always on my mind.

I have found a few websites for hosting through a self help website.

I know this is a big favour to ask you but would you be bale to have a quick look for me and let me know if these packages would be any good for me?

I totally understand if I'm being too cheeky at this point. I feel bad asking you all these questions. Thanks :-)

http://www.hostway.co.uk/webhosting/webhosting.sme.asp

http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/hosting/windows-business/full-details/

New User

Status

Smile Re: Please help me someone I know nothing...I hope to learn if someone would be kind

Is it me or is it the middle of the night where you are?

Whats the time difference?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Hostway has a decent reputation and looking at the packages they appear sustainable.

Fasthosts I closed the browser on when I saw "Unlimited website traffic - no monthly caps or extra fees ". This tells me the target market of this company are the naive and gullible.

New User

Status

Smile Re: Please help me someone I know nothing...I hope to learn if someone would be kind

I Just checked it about 1.00 in the morning for you I think

Maybe I should stop bugging you and leave it till another day?

Thanks for all your help though thats great.

I'll look into the hostway website and maybe give them a ring. They should be able to help me and answer all my silly questions.

Once again thanks in a million!!!

New User

Status

Sorry I meant thanks a million :-)

Administrator

Status

Nah, it is 1:20 PM not AM

New User

Status

Oh haha, well you just made a big mistake because that means I'll be annoying you with more stupid questions. I wish I had your knowledge!

The first one I'd like to ask you is about the layout of the website. Once I have hosting and Its linked to my domain name how do I determine what the layout will be like?

Is that the job of the host, will they provide it for me or do I build it upon something that I select from somewhere such as a grid?

See not a clue!

Administrator

Status

No, the host is not going to build your site for you.

It is up to you to decide if you want to buy a template, you may buy one that is used by others as well, or you may spend a little more for a unique design. You may also decide you want to learn HTML, CSS and various scripting laungages yourself.

New User

Status

Ok, thanks, I have a book on HTML at work thats for beginners so once I have the host sorted I'll get reading. The book should take me through it step by step.

Once I've sorted all this out would it be ok to come back to you for any advice?

Administrator

Status

Thats what the site is here for.

New User

Status

Wink Re: Please help me someone I know nothing...I hope to learn if someone would be kind

Hi, I'm off to sleep now but thanks for your help.

I have been learning all about html its fascinating looking at all the html behind peoples websites as well as what you can do. I have a,ong way to go but I think I'm hooked.

I may come back to you tomorrow with more questions. Till then good night or good evening to you.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2