118 users online (1 members and 117 guests)  

1. Voting Server - The Ultimate Toolbox for Webmasters    Forum: Internet Services
    Replies: 0
  2. voting    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Recording Data (Voting System)    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Force Voting    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Simple Voting System

Thank you for viewing this thread. I would like to build a simple page with a voting system. I am having all the classes submit recipes. We are going to put them on an html page and have everyone vote.

Where would I start?

Since we have seven grades and three classes in each grade, I was going to put six on a page. So, I guess, the system has to reach over multiple pages.

I guess I want them to be able to press a vote button and then be able to view the results. Maybe they should fill out a form so we can see if they vote more than once.

Can this be done with some combination of forms and javascript?

Any resources would be very helpful. I love to take on projects like these, because I learn so much. But this time, I don't even have a clue where to start.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Re: Simple Voting System

If you are going for this kind of project i would advice you to do it in php and mysql as database. it would be really hard if you want to go the javascript way.

furthermore, there are many free voting script, search for 1 and try to see how the code work.