46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Thread: music...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Related

1. music help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Help with music    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. Music Help Please!!!!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. I Need Music Help!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 10
  5. Music    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    allstarr

Post music...

Ok. I have a set of questions on how I can work music on my site. Lets say I want to have a pull-down menu with a list a songs on it. And when they pick a certain one, they click "ok", then that music plays. It has to do with embed src, and microsoft's default player. And is there a way to make the music not stop and not have to restart each time they go to a diffent page. I think that's really annoying. Can you guys help me?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

This could probably be accomplished by loading your page in a frameset.

allstarr

Ok, now, I told you what I'd do, I just don't have the code.....could you tell me how to do that pull-down menu+play thing?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I will draw up the code tomorrow or saturday, I am fighting the flu and have not even touched my own site in well over a week.

Dave

allstarr

You are definetly superman. doin' it all. I hate to ask one more thing of ya, but since I really need to know, is there any way to make a frame contained to one section of a page, and not across the whole things? What are I-frames, will they work? I don't know.

Administrator

Status

He wants to be able to have a pulldown menu with midis, he also wants to be able to roam the site without restarting the midi. this would require a top frame with the pull down menu.

Dave

allstarr

Ok, here's what I'm talking about. I mean lets say I want a frame that is just 250x250 in pixel size, and it's a box. And that's where I can put my music and stuff. I'm trying to find out if I can get a frame that doesn't stretch across the whole page, and can be the size that I choose. Does that help?

Administrator

Status

that would require 1 frame to be L-shaped which cannot be done.

I frames and layers are still not really an option, browser technology is catching up, but until viewers catch up with the browsers, it is not a good idea.

Dave

allstarr

Ok. I basically have what I want to know minus the code for the playing. Here it is. I got this off one of my earlier posts that you answered on the third page of this forum. About Menus, etc. I'm not putting on the top part, but here's the <body> part of the code. Oh, and ya, that form doesn't work on the internet either.<center>
    <table bgcolor=darkblue width="40%" border=0>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <embed src="Green Day - When I Come Around.mp3" loop=true hidden=false>
    </td>
    <td>
    <form name="form">
    <input type=button value="Play!" onClick="javascript:formHandler(this)">
    <select name="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr" size=1>
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Green Day- Time Of Your Life
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Green Day- When I Come Around
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Green Day- Minority
    <option value=""www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Bush- Glycerine
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Bush- Machine Head
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Lit- Over My Head
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit
    <option value=""www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Wheezer- Buddy Holly
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Collective Soul- Why Part
    <option value=""www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Blink182- All The Small Things
    </select>
    </form>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </center>

allstarr

Ok. I basically have what I want to know minus the code for the playing. Here it is. I got this off one of my earlier posts that you answered on the third page of this forum. About Menus, etc. I'm not putting on the top part, but here's the <body> part of the code. Oh, and ya, that form doesn't work on the internet either.<center>
    <table bgcolor=darkblue width="40%" border=0>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <embed src="Green Day - When I Come Around.mp3" loop=true hidden=false>
    </td>
    <td>
    <form name="form">
    <input type=button value="Play!" onClick="javascript:formHandler(this)">
    <select name="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr" size=1>
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Green Day- Time Of Your Life
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Green Day- When I Come Around
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Green Day- Minority
    <option value=""www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Bush- Glycerine
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Bush- Machine Head
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Lit- Over My Head
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit
    <option value=""www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Wheezer- Buddy Holly
    <option value="www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Collective Soul- Why Part
    <option value=""www.angelfire.com/anime2/allstarr">Blink182- All The Small Things
    </select>
    </form>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </center>

That help?

allstarr

Sorry, it was that stupid flood control that made me do that.

Administrator

Status

urm...unless your planning on streaming, those files are about 5mb each, aren't they?

And if you are planning on streaming, doesn't copyright suddenly become more urgent? They know where you live!

Do some research, dude. This is risky stuff.

------------------
    QuietDean-

allstarr

first of all, I don't know what streaming is. Second of all, when they're zipped, they're like 4mb, and some of the smaller ones are 3mb. And Angel Fire allows 50mb's on their site. I'm not going to make the songs downloadable, just playable. What is streaming anyway. And plus, I've contacted angel fire and asked some questions, and will receive answers about today or tomorrow. None of this might not even work, because I had like 7 music videos, and with them I only have 11mb left on my site. I have to see what happens. I asked angelfire for more space, if maybe I allow more banners or windows, or I might go into their chatting thing, and ask questions there, too.

Administrator

Status

lmao, you were saying midis, I do not teach people how to run illegal mp3s or .ram or anything else that is copyrighted...PERIOD.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Originally posted by allstarr:
    I'm not going to make the songs downloadable, just playable.
    uuumm...not downloadable, but playable? What, like, just the people at the server building boogying down?

For me to hear it, I would have to download it.And thats 25 minutes.Each song.There is no way around that as I need the information in my pc to hear it.The internet is not magic, its just information transfer.

As for streaming, thats when a 'player' downloads a few kilobits, plays them while downloading the next few kilobits etc.

This is not something you can do anonymously.Open the album covers and read the little copyright print.

Artists get really intense about this stuff.

PS I am not trying to offend, just trying to stop you wasting your time and possibly facing legal action.

------------------
    QuietDean-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last