90 users online (2 members and 88 guests)  

1. Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 4
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Form Handling Script for 'Tell A Friend' Form    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 3
    New User

Help with form please

Hi, i am fairy new to html writing and need some help. I am doing my company intranet site and cant seem to create a form that simply sends the results to a specific folder. The website is not going to be hosted as it is for internal use. I have looked at CGI but it gave me a bit of a headache so was wondering if there is a simple way ?
    Any help greatly appreciated

New User

Re: Help with form please

Your form doesn't do anything without a program to process the information. This program must be on the server. Once you have decided on a script, you need to know two things:
    1. Where it is located.
    2. How it takes information. Your script should tell you whether you need to use the POST or GET method. (If you are given the choice, try POST.)
    This is when you use those attributes in the beginning FORM tag. The METHOD attribute is "post" or "get," as determined by your script. The ACTION attribute points to the script you are using. For example, this is the beginning tag for a HelpDesk Search form:
    <FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/~helpdesk/search.pl" METHOD=GET>

Check out http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html for more information